Chapter Two: Growth

Kasumi read a few medical scrolls while Kakashi read his beloved book under the shade of a tree. Kakashi helped his wife to his feet and they both appeared at the designated training ground.

The pair greeted Naruto and Sakura. Kasumi positioned herself against a tree with Tsunade, Shizune, and Jiraiya.

Kakashi tied the two bells around his belt loop. Then he lifted his headband.

“Let's go!” Naruto shouted, tossing shuriken at Kakashi, which caused him to duck. Kakashi mimicked Naruto's actions and threw shuriken back. Naruto created a shadow clone at the last minute to move himself out of the way while in midair. He made a clone into a large shuriken, only for Kakashi to grip his wrist and head. The real Naruto held a kunai to Kakashi's back.

Kasumi smirked. Maybe Kakashi would finally get a taste of his own medicine.

“Not bad..” Tsunade complimented. “Amazing.” Shizune agreed. “You've grown haven't you, Naruto? However, it seems you're still impatient, as usual. I haven't said start yet, have I?”

“Alright then. Ready?... begin!” With that, Kakashi disappeared in a puff of smoke. Surprised looks crossed Sakura and Naruto's faces. “Dammit, I've been had!” Naruto yelled. “Naruto, you idiot!” Sakura scolded. They began glancing around them for any sign of their sensei.

Getting frustrated and tired of her sensei's games, Sakura punched the ground. It rippled and cracked around her, spreading from the point of impact. Kakashi and Naruo shared the same look and their eyes went completely white.

“Tsunade must have taught her this..” Kakashi thought. “Sakura-chan got strong!” Naruto mused in his head.

“Audacious move, Sakura, but well done, both of you.” Tsunade again complimented. “Kakashi Sensei, I found you.” Sakura teased in a sing-song tone of voice. Kakashi hopped atop the rubble.

A few minutes, the fight came back into view. Kakashi looked worn out and ready to return home. Naruto used his signature Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu. Kakashi took them out with Taijutsu until Sakura punched the ground again, tearing it up completely.

“Things are getting interesting.” Jiraiya commented. “Naruto and Sakura are pretty good, aren't they?” Shizune questioned, impressed. “Things are just getting started.” Kasumi replied. Kakashi hid in the woods.