Chapter Seventeen: Taken

Kasumi lost herself in training not only herself, but Kiyoshi, too, in order to keep her mind off of Kakashi fighting the Akatsuki. She tried to stray from negative thoughts with Kureani's assistance.

On the third day of Kakashi and Team Ten's departure, she headed to the river she had been taking fish from. She sat and carefully watched the current and flow of fish before plucking one out of the water. She set it on the ground.

Then she waited.

An hour and a half later and no sign of Kiyoshi, Kasumi began to investigate. She started at Ichiraku's. “Have you seen Kiyoshi?” She asked Teuchi and Ayame. “No, he hasn't been by all day.” She nodded in thanks and ran off. She sprinted to his apartment a few streets way. She paused abruptly in her quest when she found his front door slightly ajar.

She took out a kunai and cautiously opened the door completely. She treaded carefully, staying as silent as possible. There was a broken lamp on the floor that she stepped over. Her body went rigid.

She peeked into the kitchen to find it unharmed. She let out a deep breath before walking into Kiyoshi's bedroom. His bedroom was more upturned and disturbed, with the sheets torn up and the nightstand on its side. There were two kunai lodged into the wall. She walked over to the kunai and swiped her finger on a dark spot on the wall. Kasumi insected the substance on her finger. Blood.

Kasumi sauntered over to the other kunai lodged in the adjacent wall. She tore the note tacked there.

This is your second warning.

Kasumi let out a frustrated growl. She bit her thumb and summoned Chiko. “Hello, Kasumi-chan!” She chirped. “Woah, what happened here?” She asked immediately after. “My student was kidnapped. I need you to track his scent.” Chiko began sniffing the room.

“I detect three scents.” The Ninken informed. “Good.”

*

The sun was beginning to set when Kasumi exited Kiyoshi's apartment. She hurriedly refilled her ninja pouch once back at her own apartment. She changed into a pair of black capris and a red tank top. She tied her heabdand around her forehead and bandaged her exposed ankles. She pulled on her fingerless gloves and grabbed her backpack. Kasumi quickly piled in ointment, the scroll for her sword, scrolls of explosive tags, and Chiko's scroll.

Kasumi filled another pouch with weapons and wire and shoved it into her backpack. She threw the note with Kiyoshi's blood smudged on into the dresser drawer. She threw open a cabinet in the kitchen and tossed a container of food pills into her backpack. She grabbed an empty canteen and filled it with water then placed it in her backpack before zipping it.