Chapter Thirty-One: War

Sorry for the wait and the short length, I just needed this to fill in some blanks. I'm working to complete this entirely around Christmas. It's been a long road but all things must end. Thank you immensely for all your continued support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasumi and Naruto surged across the battlefield, stopping occasionally the reveal and slay the white Zetsu imposters.

When she reached the base of the medical unit, it was surrounded. Naruto ran ahead of her, slaying Zetsus. She approached one of the medics. "Where is Sakura?" She asked. "Inside. They're being guarded, however." Kasumi nodded. She approached the tent with Naruto. The man guarded them raised his sword. "Stay back!"

Sakura and Shizune turned around. "Kasumi Sensei!" Sakura cried, almost rushing forward. She stopped herself at the last second. "Naruto?" She said. "Naruto can detect the white Zetsus with his Nine-Tails Chakra. I assure you I am myself." The man glanced back at Sakura and Shizune. They exchanged a look before nodding. He let Kasumi pass. "I'm going to the other battlefields!" Naruto exclaimed before charging off.

"What are you doing here?" Sakura asked her sensei. "I couldn't stand on the sidelines doing nothing." Kasumi simply replied. This didn't particularly surprise either Sakura or Shizune. "What's going on?" Kasumi asked. "We're examing the DNA of the white Zetsus. It's mixed with the First Hokages." She nodded thoughtfully. "Naruto's here now. In his Nine-Tails form he can tell the difference between the real and the fakes. He's been wiping out the White Zetsus in mass amounts, so I think we're safe for now." Sakura and Shizune sighed in relief.

"Do you need my assistance?" Kasumi asked. "I think we can manage for now. We have quite a few medical ninja." She nodded. "I'll see you, then." She said before leaving.

*

Kasumi scoured the battlefield searching for her students but to no avail. She had to stop frequently to dodge an attack or slay a resurrected ninja.

She swung her trusty sword in a deadly arc, cutting two White Zetsus in half. She was breathing deeply and a cut on her arm was dripping blood, but she didn't have time to care. This was war, after all.

Kasumi was graceful with a sword, however, It was like a dance with her. After years of wielding one it was second nature and she didn't make mistakes. When Kasumi Yuki set her sights on you, you had better have the sense to be afraid. If not of her, then of her sword.

She met with Genma as he was being surrounded and they went back to back. A circle of resurrected ninja surrounded them. Their black scleras were vast contrasts compared to their pale skin: the skin tone of the deceased.

Genma used his signature senbons while Kasumi used her sword, dancing around the enemy but continuing to cover Genma's weak spots. Kasumi leapt into the air when Genma set a volley of senbons at a couple enemies behind her and Genma ducked when Kasumi swung her blade where his head previously was.

They were both breathing heavily by the time they defeated the handful of ninja. Kasumi went about healing his injuries then healed her own. They shared a nod and a silent look of mutual respect before parting ways.

Kasumi continued on through the battlefield. She would send a water attack or a kunai at an enemy if a Shinobi was struggling then continue on.

Just as she was about to head to where one of the other regiments was located she was stopped. The young boy's head was bowed but she studied his physique. He was rather short, coming up to only around her mid-abdomen and he lacked muscle. His hair was blonde and there was an air of familiarity about him.

When he looked up her heart stopped and her breath got caught in her throat. When Kasumi's eyes met his she felt as if she was staring into her own. Because she was, in a way. Her breath came in short, raspy gasps.

Standing before her was late older brother, Madoka Yuki.