Chapter Twenty-Eight: New Beginnings

I know a skipped a few things (Sasuke's fight with Danzo, specifically) but I didn't really think it was relevant to the story.  And honestly I really want to just finish this story. I wrote the epilogue a while ago and I've been working on this story plus Kasumi of the Red Snow for around two years now and it's time to finish and let go. I really want to thank you guys immensely for all the continued support, even through my short hiatus and slow updates. You're all incredible. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasumi recovered in the hospital for a week and two days. She woke up the day after Kakashi rescued her, but Tsunade and Sakura insisted on keeping her under strict watch and bed rest. She gave her own account of the happenings while she was with Ginzou and his men. 

While Kasumi was in the hospital, Kakashi finished setting up the nursery for their children who was expected to arrive in a month and a half.

A few days after Kasumi was released from the hospital, Kakashi set off with Naruto and Yamato to speak to the Raikage into forgiving Sasuke for his misdoings. 

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Kakashi promised before he left. Kasumi nodded. "I know. If you miss the birth I just won't let you live it down, that's all." She replied. Kakashi chuckled and pecked her on the lips. "Just hang on for a few days until I get home." Kasumi nodded and watched him as he walked down the road in front of their house towards the village gates. 

*

Later on, Kasumi decided to visit Kurenai, who had gave birth while Kasumi was with Ginzou. 

She knocked on Kurenai's apartment door. "I'll be there in a minute!" She called from the other side. Kasumi heard muffled noise coming from the other side of the door as she patiently waited. Kurenai opened the door almost breathlessly. "Oh, Kasumi. I didn't know you were back." Kurenai said calmly with a lipstick smile. "Come in,"

Kasumi walked in to find a baby girl with a tuft of black hair laying on a changing table. "I can't believe it already almost been a month," Kurenai said fondly as she looked at her child. She scooped her up and held her expertly. 

"What did you name her?" Kasumi questioned as she took a seat. "Asumi." Kurenai answered with a reminiscent smile, thinking of Asuma. Kasumi smiled lightly. Kurenai took a seat also and shifted baby Asumi. "I'm glad you're back." Kurenai informed. Kasumi nodded. "So am I. I was worried I'd go into labor there and Ginzou would have taken my child." Kurenai nodded in understanding. "Just another month or so, right?" Again, Kasumi nodded. "Well, Asumi and I will be sure to visit you."