Chapter Twenty-Four: Ginzou

I'm so sorry for the nearly two week long wait. :/ I went to Islands of Adventure (Hogwarts, eeeep!) and then on Saturday (06/15/13) I finally got my puppy. She's an adorable Doberman named Ebony, but a complete handful. I haven't slept in past 6 AM since we got her. But anyway, please enjoy this chapter!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days passed.

“Kakashi Sensei?” Kiyoshi spoke up timidly. Kakashi paused in his swing with a hammer. “What?” Kakashi asked boredly, dropping the hammer and shoving his hands into his pockets. “Do you think Kasumi Sensei has been acting strange lately?” Kakashi was mildly surprised at the young boy's perceptiveness. “Yes, I have. Is something wrong?” Kiyoshi wrung his hands. “Well.. there was this one thing that she told me about, and I'm just-”

“Hello, Kakashi-kun, Kiyoshi.” Kasumi greeted as she sauntered up to the pair. “Uh, hi, Sensei.” Kiyoshi stuttered. “We'll talk later.” Kakashi told the dark-haired boy. Kiyoshi nodded then ran off.

“What was that about?” Kasumi questioned. “He's just worried about you. You're nearly eight months pregnant, you know.” Kasumi nodded. “Speaking of which, maybe you should get checked out by Sakura. Just to make sure everything is fine. You could go into labor sooner than the due date and it would be better if we're prepared.” Kasumi shrugged. “I think I'll be fine. I was just at the doctor's.”

“Well I want to go with you. I'll talk to Sakura about seeing you tomorrow.” Kakashi said. “How about in a few days when I'm eight months instead?' Kasumi reasoned. Kakashi narrowed his visible eye for a millisecond but nodded. “Sure. I'll talk to Sakura.”

*

Ginzou stared down at the real Kasumi as one of his men shoved her down to her knees on floor before his throne. “You may go,” He told the oddly tall man, who bowed before leaving. “What do you want from me?” Kasumi asked. Ginzou smiled wickedly.

“I've been waiting for you to ask that! Well, dear Yuki, as you can see, I'm blind in one eye. When I was twenty-five, I was in battle against a Yuki. They tried to freeze me and use plenty of Ice Release attacks, as people of the Yuki clan do. But they tricked me by only using these attacks. I fell into a paper bomb attack. I was blinded from the attack and left for dead.”

“So you want me for revenge against one Yuki?” Kasumi questioned. Ginzou chuckled. “Of course not! The man who attacked me was my brother.” Ginzou smiled nastily at her. “My mother was a Yuki. She fled the Hidden Mist and met my father, a mere civilian. Our parents were murdered when I was barely thirteen so my brother and I vowed revenge and trained ourselves to be ninja.

“We finally found the person responsible and killed him. After that, my brother and I decided to go our separate ways. And we did, until we were sought out for revenge. The man who came after us was an Uchiha. A arrogant one, at that. He was evidently friends with the man we killed and he was angry with us for killing him. We, of course, explained the situation to him but he wasn't having it. He struck up a deal with my brother and so my brother came to kill me. Obviously he didn't succeed, but years later, I did. But the Uchiha was still there. He used his obvious advantage over me and brought me to my knees. Now I want that power to do such a thing. I want the power of the Sharingan.”