Chapter Nineteen: So Longs

Alsooo, the Attack of Pain arc is coming up. Please emotionally prepare yourselves ahead of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, Kasumi waited for Kiyoshi outside of the Academy. She stood by patiently as he conversed with his classmates until he spotted her. He said something to his friends before jogging towards his sensei.

“Sensei!” He greeted happily. “What are you doing here?” She began walking further into the village. “I thought we'd start training early. We have somewhere to be late this afternoon.” She silenced Kiyoshi when he began pestering her with questions.

She lead him into Barbe-Q and took a seat in one of the nearby booths. The dark-haired ninja-to-be took a seat across from her. “What can I get you?” A petite waitress asked politely. “Tea, some meat strips, a bowl of rice, and some seaweed on the side.” She said, folding her menu and handing it back to her. “And for you?”

Kiyoshi glanced at Kasumi nervously, unsure. She took the hint and quickly spoke up with, “He'll have the same as me but no seaweed.” The waitress nodded and took his menu before walking off. “Thanks.” Kiyoshi muttered. Kasumi shrugged nonchalantly. “You're twelve and recently lost your parents. I don't expect you to be completely independent.”

“You were when you were twelve.” Kiyoshi pointed out. “That's different. My family life was complicated.” She rebuttaled.

They spent the next thirty minutes or so in the restaurant eating and chatting occasionally.

They practiced Taijutsu and kunai throwing for two hours, and medical jutsu for an hour. Kiyoshi managed to bring the fish back to life twice.

Kasumi glanced towards the sky. “It's almost five thirty.” She detmined aloud.

They walked towards the west gate. She heard them before she saw them. She cracked a small smile at that thought. She heard them before she saw them the first time they met.

“Seriously, Kyo! Are you all packed? Money? Food for the way? Underwear? Scrolls to send letters with? Kunai? Shu-” Kyo silenced Yumiko's mother-like obsessing by kissing her on the lips. She stared at him wide-eyed throughout the entire experience while Satoshi seethed from nearby.

“Get off of her!” Satoshi screamed, pointing a finger at his male teammate. Kyo pulled away with a mischievously grin. “I'll miss you too, princess!” He told Yumiko, who was still wide-eyed.

She blinked once, twice. “HOW DARE YOU! Ugh, Kyo, you're disgusting!” Yumiko began wiping at her lips furiously. “You enjoyed it.” Kyo teased. He spotted Kasumi and his eyes lit up. “Kasumi Sensei!” The trio turned towards Kasumi and Kiyoshi, even Yumiko, who paused in her gesticulating. She smiled at the three. “Sensei just left a few minutes ago.” They explained as she drew closer. “Hey, kid!” Kyo greeted, ruffling Kiyoshi's hair.