Chapter 50

"I think Liam has the picture of your first kiss. This morning he asked for the wedding pictures, I handed it to him and left as I had some work. When I returned the pictures were on my desk but he had gone. I think he has that one." She explains.

"Why.. I mean... Oh." I stutter miserably. To hide my already blushing cheeks, I look away quickly and busy myself in finding other pictures. These pictures are so well clicked, they really capture the correct moments.

This is the reason why I love the concept of pictures. I pick up a picture of my father, mother and me clicked right after the vows. Pictures have the power of collecting and storing the emotions of the place, the person and it remains still, never changing even if the emotion inside the picture changes, even if the people inside the picture change.

I look at the picture of Liam and my first dance.

Hey Steph?" I turn to face her.

"Yes?" She smiles at me politely.

"Can I umm... Can I have this picture, only if you don't mind that is?" I ask her and fidget with the polaroid picture in my hand.

"Of course. I was thinking to have it framed in your bedroom or something." She giggles.

"No, no. I'll just keep it with me."

"As you wish. That reminds me, Vanessa, I finally entered Limo's bedroom. It's not how we... Speculated!" She starts laughing while I look at her uncomfortably.

"Behave, Stephanie." Vanessa scolds her playfully, "can you do me a favour? Can you please check on Ruth if she is sleeping for me?"

"Sure." Steph stops laughing and gets up to leave. Vanessa shifts in her seat and looks at me uncomfortably. I have a feeling she sent Steph just to talk to me.

"These... umm... these pictures are so beautiful. You made a really beautiful bride, Tiara." She smiles at me politely.

"Thank you." I look away.

"About this morning, you just need to know a few things about Frank. I know he shouldn't have come to talk to you and we can't keep him in the room all the time but..."

"No, I didn't mind though. He seems like an okay guy to me."

"Tiara," her voice becomes stern, "he is not an 'okay' guy. He is not even near to okay. Look, it's been a day since you are here so take this as a warning that we don't want you to talk to Frank and his family. At all."

"I haven't even met his family..."

"And you won't even meet them. There are reasons why we don't talk to them anymore and trust me, you don't need to know the reasons." She starts collecting the pictures abruptly. Did I upset her?

"I don't even think of intruding, Vanessa. I'll keep my distance. I promise." I don't want to upset her already.

"That's... That's better." Her creased face softens and she gives me a nod. She turns around to leave when I stop her.

"Vanessa?"

"Yes?" She turns around.

"I... I want to apologise for Liam's behaviour earlier this morning. He shouldn't have talked to you like that."

She stares at me blankly then blinks.

"I don't know what kind of a relationship both of you share but I am against anyone talking rudely. I hope he realises soon what he is missing."

She keeps her palm on my shoulder, nods and leaves.

I meet Steph on my way back to my room and she tells me everything about the party James has decided to throw in name of our return tomorrow. Apparently, the Payne family loves partying and they need every other occasion to celebrate. She also gave me some insides about everyone in my family. Even though I don't want to intrude on the private matters of this family, I asked a few questions here and there about the Frank family to her. She dodged them wisely and I know no one wants to talk about them.