Chapter 32

'When you are with me, my heart starts singing,

Without you, there is no song,

Being with you, I got everything,

Without you, what is even here?

If you are with me this place becomes beautiful like a dream, 

When you are with me, I feel like I got all the happiness,

And without you I feel like no happiness is complete,

My life wants only you, I want only you.'  - Anonymous.

--

Chapter Thirty Two

I’m hot, too hot right now. Even though we are in a considerably cooler environment right now, I feel myself burning due to the amount of heat I’m feeling. My eyes flutter open and I keep on staring at the moving fan in front of my eyes. I try to move myself but I remain still in the same position. I notice I can’t move my body since I’m trapped in Liam’s hold. His hand lies across my waist, gently holding the side of my body. His face is on my chest and I can feel his mediocre breathing. He has caged me in his hold and for no reason I don’t feel suffocated at all.

I couldn’t sleep at all after we came and I just lay in bed, next to him holding me. It has been a time since someone has held me and I didn’t want to waste that time in sleeping. I kept looking at Liam in between and paid attention to those small details on his face. Even though it is tainted by a bruise, his features can’t go unnoticed by anyone. He has a small black spot next to his nose which wasn’t noticed by me at all by now. His nose is a bit large but it suits him more than anything. He has a ridiculously pink shade of lips and they are extremely luscious. I try to distract myself from looking at him but then I found myself looking at him again. He slept with his lips parted and his mouth hung half open almost all the times. I tried to close it but he opened it almost the next minute.

The past two days were nothing but a roller coaster for me. I can’t even wrap my head around how the energy between us is shifted so gradually. We are shouting and talking the next second. It isn’t healthy but I can’t stop it even if I try to. Right from our kiss back at the island to yesterday night, every night had something in store for me. And I can’t even believe myself how I reacted. I had sworn to hate him, to keep my distance from him, to stay away as much as possible, but I just kept drifting towards him as if we had a magnetic pull for each other. It isn’t even normal.

He fought for me against those thugs but is he saying the truth? Liam doesn’t necessarily need a reason but now that he has, I can’t believe me. Did he just feed me that reason to shut my mouth and I happily believed him. I should have reacted differently but I believed all too easily by looking at his sincere face and there was something in me, something which told me that isn’t lying and is genuine enough. Then why do I don’t want to believe him?

Maybe because I know he won’t go till the extent of fighting for me. He hates me enough to even send me far away but he won’t fight for me. My heart still leaps once I remember he came to look out for me. That he felt guilty about whatever he told me and I was innocent enough to forgive him all at once. What is the chance that he won’t be saying any of these things again to make me hurt? I should just stop being naïve. But when I think of it, a smile creeps on my face. Even though I know I shouldn’t believe him this easily, a part of me wants to believe all of him, too.

I want to believe that he did feel guilty for whatever he told me. I want to believe that he did come out to look for me. I know I am demanding a lot, but I can’t help but not keep these thoughts out. I want to believe that he does care for me, exactly how I care for him. Maybe I don’t have it in me to deem him truthful but just for a second, I let that small part inside me, the part which refuses to take the logical things under consideration, to take domination for a while as I let myself indulge in his deception.