Chapter 31

'They say that for everyone in this world, God has made someone or the other, 

You meeting me is a sign, believe me,

I am made for someone like you,

Some contact is there with you,

Some relation is there with you,

How should I know, what do I know?

You are my partner so why should I worry?

This is the reason to live and I will die for this.'- Anonymous.

--

Chapter Thirty One

We get into Zayn’s car as he offers us a lift back to our hotel. Even though I am already in debt of him, he doesn’t listen to anything I say and literally forces us to sit in his car. Peter yawns once every two minutes and I can’t help but thank him every time I get a chance. Liam’s remains quiet all the time and I just keep on wondering what he has to say to me. He avoids looking at me till we get to the car while I just keep staring at me every second.

His hands are totally busted and the blood on them has dried up a bit. He swipes the corner of his mouth, which had a streamline of blood, with the back of his hand and winces slightly when it comes in contact with his knuckles. I still can’t digest the fact that he alone fought against three people. I shouldn’t be surprised as much as I am since I’ve been seeing this behavior of his since the time our trip started. Liam doesn’t really need a reason to fight and I can assure that he practically jumps at the idea of beating someone just for fun. But at this particular moment, I can say that he does have a reason. It won’t be a concrete or a solid reason to just go and punch the senses out of someone but there has to be something.

The thing which worries me is his addiction towards drinking. He literally drinks everyday but just because I don’t really have a taste toward drinking, I won’t stop someone doing just that. But Liam gets uncontrollable, discourteous even when he drinks and it drives me insane. Just when I thought I was convinced of tolerating him just because he is my husband, I was proved wrong. I still can’t believe that I was ready to bail him out even at four in the morning. All I can remember is that I wanted to see him safe, that’s all. Even though he was rude and he humiliated me just yesterday, I couldn’t help but rush for him. Everything for him, only him. What for?

My eyes shift towards Liam and I see him stumble on his own way. He pauses for one second but continues walking anyway. After a few seconds he stumbles again and I rush and stand to his side, my hand strongly gripping his upper arm. He gives me a disapproving look but I look away, ignoring him.

“I can manage myself.” He says, his voice low maybe because he doesn’t want Zayn to listen since he walks just a few steps ahead.

“I can see that.” I remark quietly and try to suppress my smirk. I want to turn around to smirk right in front of his face, like he always does, but I decide against it.

We reach Zayn’s car and he presses a small button on the key in his hand, opening up the doors for us. He sits on the driver’s seat and Peter sits next to him. Liam and I hop behind in the passenger’s seat after I thank Zayn again, Liam behind Zayn and I sit behind Peter. Within a few seconds, Zayn starts the car and we leave the police headquarters.

“That was crazy.” Zayn chuckles quietly and Liam tenses next to me. We are just a few feet away from each other and for no reason, I can feel the heat radiating off his body. I feel like scooping myself near him, as near as possible since I’m really, really relieved to see him safe and alright but I know it will catch him off guard and I don’t want to reveal my excitement and more over relief.