Chapter 43

"I don't want just the easy parts of you to love. Give me the dark, too."- Anonymous.

Chapter Forty Three

“That’s horrible!” Liam shouts making Zayn’s glass fall off his hand.

The terrible look of a predator which he normally gives to its prey looks strikingly similar to the one Liam is giving me right now. His fists are clutched tightly against each other, nostrils flared and his face is red, painstakingly red. Even though my head is cloudy and blurry and whatever I’m thinking seems funny to me, I am hundred and ten percent sure that Liam is definitely standing there.

Zayn quickly tries to clean his glass pieces but in turn, a small piece hurts his finger and he winces in pain.

“Ouch!” he shrieks and gets up in a jiffy. A waitress comes running towards our table and starts picking up the pieces disgracefully muttering something like, “drunken assholes” and I frown at her. How can she say something like this?

By this time, Liam is already standing next to me and I can’t help but laugh. For some reasons, I feel like a child who is caught by her parents doing something she shouldn’t be doing. But I am an adult and I can drink whenever I please.

“You look strikingly similar to my husband.” I tell Liam, only to make the situation and moreover, his face to soften. Unfortunately, it stays exactly how it was. Zayn snorts, trying to clean the small traces of blood left on his fingertip.

“Seriously, how much have you drunk?” he asks me bossily.

“I already told you not to boss around me!” I tell him. I don’t care if I sound like a child but I will not be taken treated like this.

“How much has she had?” he ignores me and asks Zayn. I stand up in frustration. Woah, head spinning.  I clutch the table involuntarily to help me from falling down. Within seconds, Liam’s hand goes around my waist and holds me in place. I lean into his chest, the familiar dreamy scent engulfing me.

“I can’t recollect myself, brother,” Zayn laughs but shuts up instantly when Liam glares at him, “I roughly think five or maybe more.” He says sincerely.

“I’m doing this bar some charity.” I chime in sweetly but Liam neglects my sweetness. How rude.

“This is the limit, Tiara! You have been out the entire evening, the night if I may add only to get a call from you, not to mention whilst you are drunk! What is on with you?” he scolds me.

“Shut up, muggle.” I slur.

“What?” the look of astonishment on his face is worth a thousand dollars and I would bid anytime to see it when I have a little less alcohol running in my system.

“I asked you to shut up.” I say sternly and smile. I have no idea why am I smiling so much lately. I am so happy to see him here and he is just ruining the moment. I want him to shut up so I can just gawk at him shamelessly like an owl.

I need another drink.

“That’s it, we are out of here.” He states and takes my hand in his to lead me out.

“No, I want to stay and enjoy.” I crib like a kid. I jerk my hand away from him and take two steps back. I am not going to listen to him and get back to our hotel room, even though I would really appreciate it.

“You have visibly enjoyed a lot.” He takes another step towards me.

“No, I am staying here and so are you!” I tell him and look over at Zayn, mentally thinking that he should butt in and make Liam stay, too. But Zayn just checks out the waitress who just cleaned our table, ignoring the cut in his finger.