Chapter 24

"I know the consequences of this choice you're making. I've lived through it, and to let you suffer that...You believe I have a soul and I don't, but to risk yours just for the sake of never having to lose you is the most selfish thing I'll ever do. " Edward said.

" I thought that you were afraid that I'd feel different and like, I wouldn't be warm. I wouldn't smell the same." Bella replies, with a smile.

"You'll always be my Bella. My Bella, just less fragile." He pulls her closer. - The Twilight Saga, Eclipse (2010)

--

Chapter Twenty Four

We walk up to the anchored yacht in silence. He walks behind me and his shoes make a low sound against the sand. The level of awkwardness between us is highly evident and I don’t know what to say to him.

I climb up through the steps and Roger lends me his hand, helping me climb up. I oblige and take it. Liam climbs up easily behind me and gives a polite nod to Roger. I look up at Roger and he does look dapper. Dressed in a simple white shirt and jeans, he has a rough look on, but even this look of his doesn’t stand up to the level of Liam. I shake my head frantically. I really need to stop comparing them.

“You look lovely.” Roger compliments.

“Thanks.” I blush. Liam gives him a glare and the small smile on his face is easily washed away. I really have started thinking that Liam does this on purpose just because he can intimidate him. It’s like a sport for him, to scare people.

“Ah, look at you,” A thick female voice says from behind Roger and my eyes narrow at her. Lisa stands in an almost skanky attire which barely covers any of her essentials. The dress hardly reaches her mid thigh and her chest is on display. The net supporting it just looks like a piece of cloth attached just because it was available, it seems. She has a glass of wine her hand and she takes a sip. I scowl at her and she places her hands on her hips, giving a god damn pose. I want to puck all over her.

She stares at Liam as if he is her dinner and that’s when I realize the comment was made for him. She rakes up his body and I feel like snatching her eyes off. Liam raises his eyebrows and folds his hands on his chest. A smirk is plastered on his face and momentarily, I feel like showing Liam and Lisa my wedding ring.

“You don’t look bad either.” He comments, his voice low and uninterested. Well, that’s what I want to think at least. His eyes settle on the glass in her hand and he adds, “Can I get a glass, too?”

I remember the last time Liam got drunk and I want to tell him not to drink. But then again, who am I to tell him what to do? I shrug, well except his wife. She smiles at him and goes towards a trolley which contains all sorts of bottles. She takes a glass and starts filling it up.

“So, where are we going?” I ask Roger to distract myself.

“Umm, there is this club I am planning to take you both. We have just one club in that entire town so I suppose it will be a bit crowded, not much though. It’s fun, Lisa and I go there every night whenever we are here.” He smiles and then looks at Liam nervously.

“Really? Isn’t there anywhere else to go to?” Liam asks.

“Not much, though. Just a beach which has these boutiques or shops, or whatever you call them for ladies. We can go there if you want.” He laughs a little.

“I have an entire beach to myself if you have forgotten, Roger. If that would have been the case, I could have stayed home.” He replies cockily, “But never mind, if you wish to go to those lady shops then we can have a detour.” No one can deny the sarcasm which is hinted in his words and I really feel like giving him more dosage of how to behave with people. Especially, people who are really nice and don’t seem to bother him at all. All the color drains from his face and I feel really bad for him, already. He stares passively at Liam and then looks away.