Chapter 2

'Marriage is a golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is eternity.' Kahlil Gibran

--

"You may now kiss the bride."

Life is so, so, so unfair. And I'm so so so dumb. I might have imagined this wedding more than a thousand times in my now-crazy head. I had already imagined all the worst scenarios which could ever happen to me. Firstly, I would fall sick in the morning and never show up for my own wedding. Then, Liam would think for at least a minute and not show up for the wedding. Mr.Payne would change his decision and Liam and I didn't have to marry each other. Or the priest would back out the last moment.

Okay, not the last one.

But all these scenes weren't exactly bad scenarios. I was secretly hoping that something like this does happen. But, well, it's my life, right? It would do anything to screw me up more.

Anyway, how can I possibly forget that the groom has to kiss the bride? How can I be so dumb? I do not want to kiss him. Wait, does he want to kiss me? Will he kiss me? The crowd erupted into cheer yet again. My mother's eyes were already tearing up and my father maintained a proud look. The priest was smiling and so were his parents.

He turned towards me again with no expression on his face. Seriously, do his face muscles even move? He left the breath through his mouth which he was sure holding for a long time. And then I realized too that I was holding my breath as well. If it wasn't for my dad or that 'promise me you will make this work' thing, I sure would have dig up a hole in the ground and lay there till everyone present in this hall gained their sanity back.

His eyes settled on mine which weren't actually ready to let go. He took a step in front and I, completely out of instinct, took a small step behind. His eyes trailed on my legs as he saw me move back. After a second or two, he snaked his hands on my waist pulling me towards him, my chest dashing with his. I have no idea what is he doing. Can I run already?

He securely placed both his hands on my waist as if he never wanted to let me go. His eyes again found solace in mine and didn't let it go even for a second. His eyes were a shade of light brown or caramel which shone under the bright chandelier lights. I could feel his biceps clearly near my waist as they were flexing up totally. He sure did work out.

He leaned in more, cutting off the inches left in between our faces. His eyes scanned my lips before looking at me in eye for the nth time. Before I could really process the things going on with me or should I say around me, he pressed his full lips against mine.

My brain went gaga. It was already too slow to really understand the things happening to me since the past few days but this was an overload to it. All I wanted to do was to push him back with all the strength I had inside me. But I soon realized that he must have realized this and that's the sole reason he wrapped his hands around me.

His lips moved slowly around mine as if he had all the time in the world with him. His kiss was so soft and tender that every girl's knees would have been dislocated. But my lips? They were numb. They just couldn't move. It felt as if my lips were paralyzed and Liam was the only medication.

The award for the most awkward kiss goes to Tiara William and Liam Payne.

After what seemed like an eternity he pulled back, his lips swollen. How can his lips swell without me doing anything? I didn't even kiss him back! It wasn't my first kiss though. But this one was different. He again stared at me but this time with a smile. I don't know if he is really happy or a damn good actor. Now we were completely and officially man and wife. 

--

After tons of congratulationary thoughts and millions of pictures clicked together, the venue changed to the backlawns of the Payne family. Their mansion was big and huge. Damn too huge. The fact that I was going to live here stuck me like a chord. I did not want to leave my family but there was no crying over the spilt milk.