Chapter 52

Chapter

As I walk my way through the parking of the mall around four in the evening, I realize I haven't found shopping so tedious in my entire life. My hands are filled with bags full of clothes, clothes I am so skeptic about, clothes a little too revealing and clothes, well, not made for me. But I have no clue what are they doing in my hand. All I've got to know is that Stephanie can be really convincing if she wants to be.

She made me buy a thigh-high slit gown of the shade of emerald without making me doubt the possibility that I do not have a model-figure. Another one is a turquoise blue color ankle-length dress which shows more assets than necessary.

I want to smack myself hard on my face for buying all this stuff which isn't even necessary. For all, I'm actually proud of myself that I didn't give into her plea of buying some rubbish lace lingerie considering the fact that our dear Mother-in-law has managed to buy a lifetime's lingerie for me.

As one of the officials in a fashion magazine, one would think that I'd better. But I am bad as it just as anyone. I can pick clothes for others without a second guess but when it comes to me, I have to rack my brain and go in depth mode to really find the answer.

"You know, you should have taken that backless gown, the shimmer one. You looked amazing in that one. Trust me, Tia, you don't want to not take clothes that you look good in." She says, whilst pressing the button on her key, making the doors of the car open.

"Are you kidding me? I have more than 10 outfits right now for a single party. I haven't even decided which one I'm going to wear."

"Relax. I'll help you sort out." She winks at me. She is so collected and fun all the time. I wonder how she does it.

"We'd start getting ready right away so we will reach around 7. Cool?" she looks at me.

"Yeah, okay." My body is still tired of the amount of clothes I've worn today, back to back so I try to relax.

"You should have taken the pink lingerie. They were killer and—" She speaks out of nowhere.

"Oh my god, I'm not having this conversation again. I told you I have plenty and that color was too loud." I speak too loudly.

"Jeez, relax. All I'm saying is that Liam will love you in those."

My cheeks heat without a warning. Obviously, Steph looks at me and starts chuckling.

"Gosh, Tia, you still blush at your husband's name. That's cute. I think all the Payne men have a liking towards lace lingerie." I almost break my neck when I snap to look at her. She just gives me wicked smile, giving away more detail than required. Is it just me that I like to keep such things private? Guess so.

She doesn't speak about Liam or our conversation and I'm glad. I don't want to focus on it anyway. Liam isn't even talking to me. I realize I haven't even checked my phone all this while so I open my bag and remove it out.

I go through my message feed and my eyes nearly pop out when I see that I have a text message from Liam. What? I open it quickly.

*You're coming to the party, right?*

I ignore the stupid rapid beating of my heart and decide whether I should reply or not. Why is he messaging me now? After all that he said, what does he want from me? Maybe I'm reading too much into a message and he just wants to know whether I'll come or not after the fight last night. I type in a simple *yes* and keep my phone back inside. I don't want to read anything furthermore, if he replies that is.

Steph pulls in the driveway and we make our way towards her room. No one is seen in the hallway, maybe everyone is getting ready? I walk behind Steph with more than 10 bags in my hand that are not helping me at all.