CHAPTER 41

Hana sat beside Suho at the backseat anxiously, she doesn't know how she ended up being with him and his father on the way meeting with her family at the restaurant they had reserved beforehand.

"That's why you look familiar, you look like your mother a lot, Hana," Mr. Lee commented.

"I looked like my dad when I was younger," Hana said, continuing the conversation politely.

"Oh, I met him too, he's a great man. He loves your mom a lot," Hana nodded in agreement at what he said.

"We're here, sir," the driver informed and stopped the car in front of the restaurant's entrance.

Hana closed her eyes tightly before getting off the car, she knew they had money from the business her parents built, a brand they own, but they never had and never thought of taking advantage of how far their business has become. The only times they visit luxurious restaurants were during the holidays where they and some of their relatives come to gather.

Suho noticed her discomfort and tap her back making her flinch, "sorry," he whispered.

"For what?" she whispered back.

"Having my father take you and your family's time to come join us."

Hana gulped and mentally slapped herself for being too oblivious. 

"It's fine," she said and forced herself to smile, trying to make it as genuine as she could but failed. But Suho didn't push her furthermore and just followed his father.

They were ushered towards a private room and there were her family waiting, laughing and giggling when they arrived.

"Hana!" Haneul stood up and held her tight, "I know you did well," she exclaimed.

Mrs. Jung cleared her throat to hush Haneul. Her eldest daughter flinched and swiftly moved to face the two men in front of her to bow politely and introduce herself, "nice to meet you, I'm Jung Haneul, Hana's sister."

Mr. Lee chuckled and looked at Mrs. Jung, "Eun Bi, you don't have to do that. Your ladies are fine," he said.

Suho proceeded to bow and introduced himself, "I'm Suho Lee, Hana's friend," he smiled gently.

Mr. Jung hummed and squints his eyes, "are you sure you're not my daughter's boyfriend?"

"Dad!"

"Dear!"

Mrs. Jung, and Haneul who knew about Seojun scolded the man of their home.

"Why don't we take our seats first?" Mrs. Jung suggested.

As the table was meant exactly for six people only, Hana sat beside Suho who is next to his dad. On the other side while on the other were her sister and her parents.

The food was served one by one, with soup as the first one, they busied themselves by talking. Situations like this, especially with a stranger present, bring discomfort to Hana and it didn't escape Haneul and Suho.

Suho took out his phone and typed something, sending a message to Hana, "Are you feeling alright?"

When her phone vibrated, she peeked to her phone and saw Suho's message. She slowly glanced at him before typing a response, "Kinda. But it's fine. This is just one night."

Suho sighed after reading her response and looked at her sympathetically which Mrs. Jung happened to catch.

She grinned mischievously, "So, Suho, right?"

Suho looked at her when she called her, "Yes, ma'am?"

"I saw how you look at my daughter," she said, "are you two going out?"

Before Suho could answer, Hana did, "No, mom."

"We're nothing like that. We're just friends," she said.

Haneul sighed and took the hint, "Mom, if they were dating, they could've told us right now. We're all present anyway."

"She's right, dear," Mr. Jung seconded, "although I won't mind if you're my daughter's boyfriend."

"Son, did you have a girl in mind?" Mr. Lee asked.

Suho sighed, putting his spoon aside, "yes."

Hana unwittingly grinned happily as she takes her soup.

"And here I thought there's nothing going on between you two," Haneul teased when she saw Hana's grin.

"What?" Hana said, confused why Haneul had said it. Her sister knew about her and Seojun yet she dared to tease her and Suho in front of their parents. 

"Well," Suho said, having all the attention to him, "it's because she knew who I had in mind."

"And no, that's not me," she clarified.

"Who is it then?" Mr. Lee asked.

"A friend of ours," Suho admitted.

Hana giggled before poking Suho's arm, "you finally said it, huh!"

Suho's ears turned red and glared at her, "stop it."

The evening went on with business and show business conversation. Suho and Hana were sometimes be put on the spot being the younger ones and will be given advice here and there. And when the dinner was finished,  they parted.

When they got home, Hana immediately slumped on the couch and heaved a sigh.

"You sure are tired, Han," Haneul said. "Go get changed and sleep."

"Your sister's right, I'm sure you'll have a long day with your friends tomorrow."

Hana nodded as she got up and headed to her room. She changed her clothes before washing her face. When she's done, she lied down and played with her phone.

She was watching some funny videos when Seojun's name appeared at the notification, he sent her a message.

"How was dinner?"

"Not what I expected but it went well."

"What do you mean?"

"I originally wanted to eat at our favorite shop as a child but since I bumped into Suho and his Dad, we ate at a restaurant."

"Suho and his Dad?

Another text from Seojun arrived after she read the previous message.

"Your family ate with his then?"

Hana found it difficult to keep typing the whole story so she decided to ask Seojun if she can call.

"Haseo, I'll call."

Seojun was getting nervous when he read her message and when he sent, "Sure." Not a minute passed, Hana called. It was a Video Call.