CHAPTER 4

"Fight!"

Hana noticed how some students gathered in the hallway. She took an earphone out and tried to peek outside the door before it closes. 'What is it about?' she thought.

She noticed her friends are all outside, Jugyeong went to the clinic to tend to her wounds. She said she tripped yesterday and doesn't want to talk about it and they didn't push it through her. Eunji and Sua went out to see what's wrong but didn't push through to know what the fuss is about. But since they saw Jugyeong, they stayed in case something's to happen.

Thirsty, Hana decided to buy some cold bottled tea. When the students cleared the hallway, Hana went out of the classroom. She heard the students talking about Suho and Jugyeong and about the fight with a student they barely see go to school. She furrowed her brows thinking what could have happened but all her worries faded, her face stiffened, she froze. Her heart beats like crazy, her head is reeling. She doesn't know what to do, she just stood there. She had her hand on the wall to steady her and the other on her chest.

"Hana!"

She gasped and looked at the person who called, it was Sua, she's beside her now, worry written all over her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said, almost like a whisper.

"Let's get inside, the class is going to start any minute." Sua stepped inside and waited for Hana to follow.

"Sua, I just need to go to the restroom for a minute. Tell the teacher if I'm not back yet for me?"

"Sure," she smiled, "don't stay too long."

Hana let out a sigh and had her gaze at where the commotion happened but to her surprise, the guy had not left.

She trembled as she walks, she'll have to pass by him to get to the restroom. She forgot about the tea and needed to collect herself before the class begins. But to her luck, she can't seem to have a peaceful day like any other day.

She had both hands clasped together to her chest and walked with her head down, trying to calm herself, trying to keep herself together and pass by him.

'Almost there!'

Hana closed her eyes. She passed by him but she felt his eyes on her.

"Miss?"

His voice. She hadn't heard his voice for years. She froze, fighting the urge to look at him. She just stood there.

"Hey, Seojun, what are you still doing out there?!" Yelled by one of his friends from the classroom.

Seojun turned away from the girl he thought he knew and entered the classroom but when the bell rang, Hana dashed to the restroom. Seojun peeked again outside and watched her run.

Once Hana is inside the cubicle, she sat and had both of her palms on her face.

'If only I had known, I would have agreed to move in with my sister and not go to this school.'

"Why are you still here? You're just giving us a hard time"

"Narcissistic prick!"

"If you get to debut with us, you'll be the death of me."

"Just go solo already."

"Stop taking all the spotlight, b*tch!"

I feel so alone.

Why can't they see how I try so hard?

I'm not trying to get attention. I'm just trying hard to improve. It's not my fault, right?

"Seyeon died because of you."

"No!"

Sweat is dripping from Hana's forehead. She sat up and wipe her sweat off.

"Seyeon," she muttered.

Hana let her tears stream down her face. For the years that passed by, for the first time that she has finally, slowly, letting herself be set free from all the guilt and pain from the past, why does Seojun has to show up when she's healing?

Hana tried to calm herself, she got out of the bedroom and noticed how spacious and empty the apartment felt now that she's living alone, she felt a cold air hugged her tight. She felt so alone, she felt so empty, she felt useless.

Waiting for her water to boil, Hana's mind flashes back to the time when she's still cheerful, bubbly, and filled with positivity. Talkative too.

"Hi, Han!" Krystal, a trainee like her, greeted.

"Good morning." She greeted back.

"Anything good?" Krystal asked.

"They will regroup us again."

"By our stats, yes." Krystal groaned, "I hate this time of the year."

"Oh, I know we won't get separated," Hana assured.

"We've trained together for years now. We have good stage chemistry, no one's beaten us through monthly evaluation since."

"Partners in crime forever!" Hana clung unto Krystal and they walked towards the practice room.

"Best friends!" The girls inside the room greeted them when the two entered. They giggled. They've been inseparable since the day they got paired for a supposed duo to debut but as years passed, they've been put into different groups but the two of them keep on standing out and they got worried about their career.

The girls started practicing before the evaluation later in the afternoon. And when they took a break for lunch, the girls gathered at the rooftop to eat their lunch in peace.

"So, who do you think would stay?" Ahri asked. The leader of the group.

"I say, they would never separate Krystal and Hana," Chaewon said and took a bite of her lunch.

"We should not break up, our group chemistry is good enough!" Jieun squinted her eyes on her food before stabbing the cherry tomato with a fork.

Hana giggled, "We'll stay together. Have faith!"

"Awww," Krystal said, ruffling Hana's hair, "she's sooooo cute!"

Hana glared at Krystal, "cut it out!"

The girls laughed at them. There's never a day where Hana and Krystal won't tease each other.

After they enjoyed their lunch, they rested before having one last practice before preparing for another scary evaluation.

"Girls, 1 hour and we'll go down to the basement, okay?" The trainee supervisor informed them.

"Yes, teacher." They said in sync.

The supervisor smiled at them before exiting the room. She was the one who they can approach when they're having trouble. But she can be strict too.

"Let's go make ourselves presentable," Ahri said.

Hana and the others arrived at the evaluation room. There are the other trainees who were grouped too. The soloists' evaluation is being conducted as they were waiting. There aren't too many soloists in the agency so they mostly do it after an hour and a half.

Unbeknownst to them, the company has set their minds on who to let go and who to be regrouped. The positivity Hana is giving to her group is what is keeping them from getting nervous. They held hand in hand waiting, thinking of the choreography and the lines they practiced for this day.

"Okay," one of the trainee supervisors said when he entered. "We'll start in 15 minutes."