CHAPTER 13

After the musical, a lot of things happened since then. Jugyeong and Sua still go to their regular study group and have Suho to check their grades while Jugyeong also has become pretty close with Suho and is often seen hanging out with him.

"Huh? You're meeting Seojun?" Sua said after viewing the messages from Jugyeong's phone by snooping.

Hana flinched from the name that her friend had mentioned. 'Seojun.'

Sua snatched Jugyeong's phone and scrolled through their conversation, "Is there going on between you two?"

"No, never!"

"Hm, ask him about Suho when you see with him later," Sua suggested.

"No. They must have their reasons."

"What could it be?" Sua asked.

Hana heaved a sigh and took her phone and earphones with her before leaving the room. Unbeknownst to her, Eunji's been observing her the whole time.

"Is there something wrong?" Eunji texted Hana right after she left.

Hana never answered and got back to the classroom 10 minutes after the bell rang and got late for the last period.

Up until the school ended, Hana hasn't said anything. Sometimes, she would just talk when answering questions and the four of them had gotten really worried but every time she would catch them feeling sorry for her, Hana would smile and do her best to fake it until she gets home. Jugyeong, Sua, and Chaerin bought it but never did Eunji.

"Eunji, is Hana still not talking?" Sua asked.

The four of them are in the cafeteria, having a break. Hana refused to go with them. Instead, she folded on her desk, taking a nap.

"Yeah," Eunji said, playing with her food.

"Ah, Eunji," Jugyeong said, "at least eat your bread first."

"Uh, yeah," Eunji forced herself to chew and swallow her food.

The next day, Hana is still aloof with people and would just spend her breaks by staring out the window. Eunji knew that if she approaches her cousin, she would just distance herself even more.

Hana decided to buy a drink when she saw Seojun and Jugyeon down the corridor, talking.

She's never seen Seojun laughed that way since Seyeon and it pains her to know that the person that could make her remember that one incident is just right beside her. And she knows there's no way she can wash everything away now that Seojun keeps reminding her of him.

Hana held the money she had tightly and walked towards them but now, Seojun is leaving and she felt relieved.

After she got her beverage, Hana exited the cafeteria only to find Seojun leaning against the wall. And when he noticed her walking pass by him, he grabbed her arm, startling her.

She moved and slapped Seojun's arm in reflex. She blinked and looked at the surprised Seojun before running back to the classroom.

"She hates me that much, huh?" Seojun brushed his fingers through his hair.

He went back to his classroom after that, having himself in deep thought on Hana's actions towards him. And he thought he rarely sees her hanging out with her friends.

"Did they fight?" he uttered, "but the others would talk about her, saying they're worried." Seojun's brows drew closer, thinking hard. "Was I the cause of all of this?"

"SEOJUN HAN!"

Seojun flinched, "huh?"

"PAY ATTENTION TO CLASS!" yelled his teacher, almost ripping the chalkboard where his palms were placed and throw it at Seojun.

During weekends, Seojun went hanging out with his friends when he met with Jugyeong. He noticed she's feeling down and remembered Hana, for some reason, he thought taking care of Jugyeong could help him repay the awful things he said to her back then. But he knew deep down he's just fooling his own mind to throw the guilt he's been trying to detach from his heart.

This is the beginning of him and Jugyeong hanging out together, alone.

On the other hand, Hana got down from the bus and started walking towards a place she doesn't want to go back to but needs to.

"Oh, Hana-ssi," the nurse greeted her from the lobby, "Dr. Lee isn't available for now. You can wait up for him right at the station's café."

"No, I can wait right here." Hana pointed at the waiting area.

"Okay, I'll call you when he's up."

Hana nodded and smiled before looking for a comfortable spot to seat on.

She took her earphones out and started watching a movie on her phone. Not for long, the nurse went near her and told her that her doctor is now available.

"Thanks," she said.

"Huh?" a voice said when he saw Hana stood up from the waiting area, "Hana?"

Hana turned and was greeted by Suho with uneasiness written all over his face. She saw how his face has lost its glow, he's pale, and looked very tired.

"Suho," she said in a low voice.

"Hana-ssi," the nurse called her again, "Dr. Lee's waiting."

Hana walked fast towards the door of her Dr.

'Did he came from here?'

Before opening the door, she turned to see if Suho is still there and he is, looking at her with a mix of confusion and surprised.

'Did he do this to you?' Suho thought.