CHAPTER 9

Hana's mind was floating the next day. She couldn't focus at the class and has been wondering what relationship Suho had with Seojun. Ever since the day she saw him, she's been bothered with the things that happened in the past and to her luck, she saw Lim Heegyeong, their former Team Captain.

"Jung Hana?"

Hana turned to face the person who called her. She froze on her spot when she saw it was Heegyeong.

"You're Jung Hana, right?" she asked.

Hana simply nodded as an answer.

"Oh my God!" Heegyeong exclaimed, "Look at how you've grown."

Hana rubbed her arm and smiled sheepishly. She brought all of her weight to her left leg and had her right leg cross behind it, having the toes help support the left leg from her weight.

"You've grown taller and even more beautiful, Hana."

"Thanks, miss."

Heegyeong was taken aback by how Hana addressed her.

"Miss?" she asked, it amused her.

Hana just stared at her.

"Hana, I've known you for years since you've--"

"Miss Lim, I think I have to go back to class."

Heegyeong sensed Hana's trying to escape from her presence and so she let her go but on the way, she saw Jugyeong talking to Hana and they walked towards their classroom. 'So they're classmates, huh?'

During the afternoon class, Mr. Han, their history teacher treated them Ice Cream. Sua expressed her jealousy to Mr. Han on why he only had given Jugyeong a cone Ice Cream and since then, Mr. Han has been treating Jugyeong a little nicer than others and Hana took notice of that.

Her mind diverted to what she's been observing for days and it kept her preoccupied and forget what was troubling her for almost a month now.

"Hana-ya," Eunji yelled from the front door as soon as she entered Hana's place.

"Bedroom," Hana yelled back.

Eunji suited herself on the couch, waiting for her cousin to finish getting ready. She took her phone out and decided to take a selfie. Searching for a good spot and lighting for the selfie, Eunji stood near the balcony and closed the laced curtain a little to have a good effect.

Eunji was still doing her selfie when Hana got out of her bedroom, "hey!"

Hana was wearing a white flowy, off-shoulder, white dress and paired it with white Khannel sneakers and pastel pink, shoulder bag.

"Woah," Eunji said. "It's been a long time since I saw you dolled up!"

"Eunji-ah," she had her brows drew together, trying to get her cousin off the excitement she feels to escape the embarrassment she has. "Stop."

"Oh," Eunji giggled. "Sorry, I was just so happy you're feeling better."

"So you've noticed."

"Of course I do, I just don't want to scare you if I ask."

Hana smiled at her cousin and Eunji patted her head.

"Let's go," Eunji went out of the apartment first.

The two cousins entered a cosmetic shop and picked out the stuff they need. Seeing Hana dolled up, Eunji dragged her into the shop to let her buy some more. She knew Hana couldn't resist makeup, she's the one who taught her how to use it. She was good at it until that incident. She never touched nor looked at her makeup nor her dresses. She's always wearing the same, shirts and shorts or jeans. She doesn't bother with her appearance anymore.

Eunji vowed to herself that she'll help Hana get herself back no matter how long it takes.

"Hana-ya, let's go pay. Are you done?"

Eunji went beside her and tried peeking at what she's looking at.

"Krystal," Eunji blurted. She gasped when she realized what she just said and apologized but Hana just shrugged it off and walked towards the counter. 'Dang, you and your big mouth again, Eunji!'

After purchasing, Eunji suggested to rest at a nearby coffee shop and bumped into Jugyeong and Sua.

"Eunji, Hana!" Sua saw them first.

Jugyeong turned when she heard the names Sua called, and when she saw them, she ran unto their arms and hugged them.

"Ah, it is so refreshing to you guys out on weekends."

Hana chuckled at Jugyeong's remark, "you make it seem like we haven't seen each other for ages."

Eunji poked Jugyeong's forehead and laughed.

"You cousins are both meanie~"

Sua jumped on Jugyeong's back causing her to stumble.

"What was that for Sua?" Jugyeong yelled.

"You're not the only one who's allowed to have fun?"

Jugyeong glared at Sua but not for long. She noticed that Hana was all dressed up.

"Oh my God!" Jugyeong covered her mouth with both of her hands.

Her eyes studied Hana, and it surprised her at how even more beautiful Hana looked if she puts effort into what she wears.

"Hana," Sua circled Hana, "you look even more beautiful when you dress up!"

"Ha!" Eunji put an arm around Hana, "See, I told you."

Hana sighed and tries hiding her face from embarrassment. She's not used to the attention since the day she quit being a trainee.

"But now that you're all dolled," Sua squinted her eyes, trying to put up words, "you looked like some kind of celebrity."

Eunji quickly retreated her gaze from Sua to Hana.

"What celebrity?" Taewoon, the other person in their study group, joined them.

"I thought we're going to that CoKa," Suho said, looking down at them who are gathering at the street.

"Oh, right!" Sua clasped her hands. "Do you guys want to come?"

Eunji glanced at Hana and took the liberty to answer for both of them.

"No, sorry. We had plans today too."