CHAPTER 12

Inside a beautifully, elegant, café, Hana sat down across the person who invited her, Lim Heegyeong.

Hana was fidgeting her fingers, looking down, thinking how the time is slowing down as she counts each second of how long she's been with Heegyeong.

"Hana," Heegyeong started, she placed her slender fingers near the cup of the hot beverage she ordered. "I know this may be sudden but I have a proposition for you."

Hana took the courage to look at Heegyeong, she noticed her charm has not faded and that her skin has become smoother from the years back that they've known together.

"Proposition?" she asked sheepishly.

"Yes, you know you're one of a kind. A lot of fans were baffled when they learned you dropped out of the industry."

Hana remained silent, not liking where Heegyeong is going with the conversation they're having.

"I'm not coming back," she answered honestly.

"You haven't heard my proposition-- their proposal yet."

"The executives wanted me back?"

"Yes," Heegyeong said, toying her drink, "we need you back."

"It's been years. I haven't sung nor dance in years."

"You can always train again."

"I read of a new survival show coming, for girls," she noticed Heegyeong flinch, "is this the proposal?"

"There's no gift like yours in today's trainees. We--"

"I'm sorry, Miss Lim."

Heegyeong chuckled, "you used to call me--"

"I know," she cut her off, "but things are different now, Miss Lim. You're no longer my team captain, I'm no longer a trainee."

Heegyeong was baffled by Hana's behavior and she couldn't think of any reason but one, "is this about Seyeon."

Hana's eyes grew wide, surprised by how someone who once knew Seyeon could comfortably open up the subject like how she is doing it.

Hana scoffed and stood up from her seat, "I better get going Miss Lim,"

"But--"

Hana stormed out of the coffee shop and just when she got out, Seojun saw her take off.

His eyebrows drew closer together, his small, monolid, eyes grew bigger. He peeked at the individual who could possibly be with her from school but the only person he recognized was the one whom he's seeing. And to add up his conclusion, Heegyeong was staring at Hana's back as she walked away.

'Hana?'

Seojun went towards Heegyeong, gravity all over his face and both of his palms inside his pockets. He looks off.

"Heegyeong," he greeted.

"Oh, you're here!"

Seojun glanced at an untouched tea across her.

"You met someone else," Seojun commented, darted towards the exit.

"No, it was for you." Heegyeong smiled.

"I don't drink tea," Seojun sat on where Hana did, "let's get this straight up."

"Come back to S.T. Ent.,"

"No," Seojun stood up and didn't bother looking back at Heegyeong.

Now that he identifies it is the Hana he knew, Seojun's mind is now struggling to plot out how he would approach her.

'But she cried when she saw you.'

Seojun was in deep thought trying to see how things would go if he's to approach her.

"Seojun," Gowoon knocked on his already open door, but Seojun was stuck in his own mind.

"Seojun," she knocked again, "what's the matter?"

When Gowoon couldn't get an answer out of her brother, she stepped inside his room and grab a pillow to hit him with.

"What the--"

"Now, you're awake!" she said, "What's wrong?"

Gowoon sat down beside her brother and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I met her," he said, flopping on his bed, covering his eyes with his hand from the light in his room, "she's been there the whole time and I didn't notice her."

"Who is this you're talking about?"

"Hana," he sighed.

"Jung Hana?!" Gowoon's voice raised.

She remembered when her brother was going on and on about how he hurt her for blaming her for Seyeon's death when he knew himself he's also the one responsible for it.

He's been guilty and was trying hard to look for her for years but when he gave up and tried to cover the guilt he has, Hana showed up.

"Yes," Seojun answered. "How's the musical coming by the way?"

"Oh, Jugyeong was going to do my makeup," she smiled, "it's good that I now have a friend."

Seojun sat back up and ruffled his sister's hair when he remembered who his sister is talking about.

"Jugyeong?"

"Yes, Jugyeong Lim. That beautiful girl in the classroom next to you."

"Suho's Jugyeong?"

"They're not together."

"Yeah, but they're always together. She was there when Suho was trying to pick a fight on me."

"Jealous?"

"Furious, yes."

"Why?"

"He has the audacity to make friends after what he did?"

"Are you sure you're going back to that, Seojun?"

Seojun groaned, "get out."

"You get pissed easily, Seojun."

"Just out," he said, "and lock the door!"

"As you wish your highness."

Gowoon headed out and laughed when she closed the door behind her. She went towards the fridge, taking the ice cream out and flopping on the couch.

She was watching a drama when her phone rang. She reached to her phone and checked who texted her and saw Jugyeong's name registered on the screen.

'See you tomorrow at the musical, Gowoon.'

"My phone has a purpose now," she giggled.