I don’t know how I’m supposed to tell her I haven’t been anywhere near my daughter in over a week. “Thanks. Whereas the rest of you… I need you to collect as many of the covens that were here last time, when the Volturi came to kill Nessie. Zafrina? Fred?” She asks curiously. “We’re here.” Zafrina answers her. “Can you redecorate the spare room next to Edward’s old one?”

“Sure.” Fred says shrugging his shoulders. Why the hell would she want three rooms when there are only two people coming to live here? I glare at him but then turn my attention to Nessie, who is reaching out towards me. I take her form Rosalie’s arms – I don’t know how she can still manage to hold her. - And she places her hand against my cheek. Can I talk to mom? She asks in big bold letters. I nod and she walks right up to the table, leaning over it slightly.

“Mom, I’ve missed you so much. Dad’s hardly been here. He’s been pacing outside day after day. I’m glad you’re coming home very soon.” I groan as she looks away smiling a little. “He what?!” Bella almost screams. “Please don’t worry about it just now love, can’t you tell me off when you get back?” I reason.

She sighs but agrees. I smile and wait for her to continue. “Jacob?” He turns around from the living room window and runs – tumbling a little – into the room. “Yeah?” he asks her. “Do you think you could convince Sam to bring all of his pack to the border of Canada – where I got kidnapped – and meet us there? I want you to bring yours too. How many of you are there now?”

“Umm…I think I could. There are twenty if you add us up all together.” Jacob says, confused. I was quite confused as well. I don’t know why she would want the wolves to meet her. “Good. You need to start on this straight away. You’ve got around ten hours before we leave. I miss you guys.”

I smile a little and wish she was here so I could place my arm around her waist and comfort her. “I … We miss you too.” I say, quite calmly which surprised me. “Oh… Edward?” She asks trying not to get excited, but I could hear it in her voice. “Yes?” She giggles a little. “Well… I was wondering if we could move back into the main house for a few months…”

I laugh a little and it sounds a little strange. I haven’t laughed in over a week. “Of course, I’ll redecorate my old room straight away. Is that why you wanted the spare room next to me redecorated? For Nessie?” I can’t believe how alive I’m feeling. It’s like a bolt of electricity has coursed through me.

“Yeah, thank you Edward. I’ll see you… tomorrow.” I smile. I can’t believe she’ll be home tomorrow! Wednesday 15, December. “I guess…” I say and try my hardest not to show any sign of relief. “Goodbye Bella.” All of us chorus, which brings out huge amount of laughter. “Bye mom.” Renesmee says obviously in a bad mood.

“Bye.” Is all she says before hanging up. I lift the phone from the table and look for the number. It was protected. I would do anything to find out whose cell she had used to call me. I walk into my old room and look at it. I don’t know what I’m going to do with it. I start planning it out in my head and get to work.

* * *

(Bella’s POV)

“Okay… the plan is that we say we’re going out hunting and you’ll protect us with your shield so Demetri won’t find us. We head in the direction of the sea. We swim across the ocean and I’ll take you to an easy spot to get out of the water – to save ourselves on having to jump onto a cliff – then Jane and I hide in the forest, you go to meet the wolves and tell them not to attack us. We come out and…” Alec finishes with taking a breath.

I’d say that’s the most I’ve ever heard him say but really it isn’t. “Hope for the best.” I say. We were going over the plan one more time. My rucksack hasn’t moved for over a week but now… I’m going home.