I sat on my bed thinking about Zoya. How I met her, how I asked for her hand in marriage, and how she captured my heart.

I grabbed my phone and messaged her. It was funny when she said that she was nervous about tonight. I can imagine her already! How she reacted on the very first day when I spoke to her at the business meeting.

The thought of my sweet girl made me smile.

As the time for Asr was getting closer, my mother ironed my white Polo shirt and hung it. I had a wash and got ready.

"We have to talk to you about something important," Dawid and my father said, gesturing me to take a seat on the couch.

"Daaniyal, I don't know what you call this.. Mmm maybe a piece of advice but all I want is for you to be happy with Zoya," my father said, like he's about to start huge advice!

"I know, dad, you have always given the best for me. I'm listening," I said, while Dawid winked at his wife, Haya.

"Marriage is not a joke. You've to take it seriously.Since today is your Nikah, all your responsibilities have already begun. No matter what happens, you've to hold hands with Zoya till the end, through thick or thin. Trust me, she will light up your life and your life will be dull and dark without her. I still remember how I was without Inshia. I lived my life like as if I will never need a woman, but she changed me into this man, she supported me in all what I did. I cannot imagine a life without your mother. She is my spirit, and her presence keeps me going. Whenever I'm depressed, she cheers me up. I know Zoya is also like your mother. She's such a sweet girl and you're lucky to have her.. always remember that. She will be there to love you and care for you. You're extremely lucky to get a wife who is compassionate and intelligent. And from the way you look at her, I know you will prepare to sacrifice anything and everything for her happiness. Even if you're not the reason for the mistake, you've to apologize and compromise. May Zoya be the delight of your eyes and may Allah bless the two of you immensely with the goodness of both worlds," my father said, patting my shoulders.

I took every word into my head.

"I will definitely love her like there's no tomorrow." I said, smiling.

"I know you will. And now it's time for us to leave. Let's get going," my brother said, and we headed to the garage. I got in to the passenger seat, my father into the driver's and my brother took the back seat of my father's Jaguar. The other males followed us.

*****

I'm ever ready to start a life with the love of my life. I've been waiting for this day since I landed my eyes on Zo at the business meeting with her family and my dream has come true! Alhamdulilah! I'm going to cherish these moments and make more memories with Zo, my wife.

"Daaniyal, come here," my father-in-law Zinadine said, gesturing me to come right next to him. I hung up the call with Zoya and went to him.

"Here's a small gift for you," he said, handing over a box to me.

"Oh uncle, your daughter is the most precious and expensive gift you could ever give me," I said, unwrapping it.

He smiled and watched me unwrapping.

"A Rolex? Oh god, you seriously need not buy all those for me," I said, tracing the glimmering diamonds.