18) Weak

It's been exactly 24 hours since Naruto was awake. Kiba and Sakura had already left. Itachi was oddly busy with 'baby stuff'. Nobody seemed to care that Naruto was basically dead. My faith, my hopes, it was all slowly fading away from me. I've grown so attached to this man, my love. My husband. Now that I think of it, we never made this marriage public. The paparazzi has been buzzing lately, and nothing was getting better. Bullshit. Sighing, I found myself staring at Naruto for the umpteenth time this day. His skin, as pale as white as snow. I couldn't even admire those blue eyes that sucked me in, the ones I fell for. His hands, were cold. Freezing. This wasn't Naruto I refuse to believe that this is the man I fell in love with. The emotions that had been bawled up inside of me seemed to be coming out, right in front of him. Those tears that I was forbidden to show, they were pouring. My hiccups filled the air as my mouth continuously moved and babbled nonsense. To who? A dead man? Growling, I wiped the tears away angrily only for them to come hauling back. Why did he have to leave me? Was I not a suitable husband, was it me?
"Please...wake up" I cried. My head fell onto his leg. In an instant, I was shutting my eyes for the last time as I dozed off to sleep.
-- Hours later --
"Mr. Uchiha, is it true that soon to be Sakura Uchiha is pregnant?"
"Itachi I LOVE YOU!"
The paparazzi. The crowd. Everything. Billions of people, yet none of them compared to Naruto. The way he'd light up the room, or the way he could make Sasuke smile. A genuine smile. These people, they smiled like I was worth a billion dollars to them. Like we knew each other. How can emotions be spared so easily like that? Sighing, I pushed through the cluster of people and made my way inside the building for my meeting. Another meeting to discuss marriage, something that had nothing to do with the world. Soon, the crowd faded and the building was silent. Cold, murky. The lights were completely dimmed.
"Ah, Mr. Uchiha!" A man greeted me, nodding I went to shake his hand. This happened to be Neji. Neji Hyuga of the Hyuga Corp. Smiling, the brunette motioned for me to follow him into a brightly lit room. That smile again. The fake ones that make your heart shatter? Or at least that's what they told me. As we entered the room, a large group of important people from different companies sat there. Hatake Corps, Hyuga corps, and Aburame corps.
"Everyone's here?"

"Alright, we shall begin this meeting!" Neji clapped his hands and signaled me to finally speak up. I complied and walked to the front of the room. Regretfully, I plastered a smile on my face and looked at my peers.
"I fell in love, with a woman who cherished each side, each corner, and each flaw on me.." I began.
"In our will, my brother Sasuke Uchiha is supposed to be marrying Sakura Haruno yet the two have no love relationship for each other." The crowd nodded at me, but still had confused looks on their faces.
"So how are we to promise the wishes of your family then, sir?" Kakashi, of Hatake corps, asked.

This is gonna be a long....day...
--- At the same hospital---
(Hinata was feeling sick, and went to the hospital for a few days
"Hello, Shizune" Kiba smiled at the nurse. The nurse smiled back proudly as she examined Hinata. In a few minutes, she nodded solemnly, while taking notes.
"Will she be okay..?" Kiba's smile faded as Shizune stared at him for a bit. Her eyes gave off a hint of sadness, gruesome. Something Kiba didn't want to experience even more than he already has. Everyone has already presumed Naruto dead, except for Tsunade. Who insisted on his return. The return of a miracle. Like hell, God would give those out for free.
"Yes, she should be fine to go home today, but please make sure she isn't stressing too much..." Shizune said slowly, eyeing Kiba with suspicion. Now, Hinata caught on to their awkward stare down.
"Shizune, is there something wrong?" Hinata glared at the lady, who shook her head and scurried out of the room. Sighing, Kiba plopped back onto his chair and covered his face. His weary emotions seemed to rub off on Hinata as she crawled out of her bed.
"Hey, Kiba you should really go home.." Hinata whispered into the boy's ear. Bolting, Kiba shook his head.
"Nah it's fine, I have to see my friend here in a bit anyway..." He smiled warmly as the concerned girl. Smiling, Hinata nodded slowly. Her smile, made him smile.
"Please, don't stress yourself out..." She smiled once more and placed her hand into Kiba's. Blushing, the brunette nodded slowly as Hinata wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Hey, I'm supposed to be worrying about you y'know.." He chuckled while returning the hug happily.

I don't know if this is love or not, but I want it to be like this forever

---
"Sasuke, he's going to wake up damnit!" Tsunade hollered at me, growling I flicked my head away in disgust. Truthfully, that's what I want. That's what I need. But I can't hope for things that won't come true, I learned that young age. Wrapping my head around the thought of him waking up just didn't reach my mind, but trust me. I felt like shit for thinking this way, but I can't. I can't keep lying to myself.
"Tsunade, Naruto...he's d-d-dead..." I croaked, finally getting the courage to look in her eyes. The eyes that had tears in them, she looked at me with desperate hope. Something I've been trying to let go.
"Have some hope, you goddamn bastard!" She cried, frantically wiping her eyes. Slowly, I stood up.
"I can't have hope in things that will never come true, it's impossible."
sLaP
My face was burning red, my eyes stung. Growling, Tsunade babbled a bunch of cuss words as I felt the tears slowly fall down my face again. The feeling of being weak could not just leave my mind today. Standing there, I cried. I cried because that hope wouldn't go away. I can't let go of you. I can't live without you.
"P-p-promise me, he'll wake up..." I sobbed.
"Sasuke, I promise...."
"He's going to..wake up....."