Locked in a room with one another || Neville Longbottom

Neville

"Miss Y/L/N, you will be Mr Longbottom's tutor." You heard Snape say from the front of the class, you looked behind you to see a nervous looking Neville, who's cauldron was bubbling over with green bubbles and blue looking steam, you looked back at Snape and nodded. 

"Of course Professor." You added, going back down to your potions book and reading through the next class so you knew everything you needed to know before hand, you liked to be prepared for things. You resisted the urge to look back at Neville again, you'd always liked him. You found him cute and funny even though most people tended to avoid him or be annoyed by him, you avoided him because of the crush you had on him

Once the class ended you packed up your bag and waited for Neville at your desk, he was always last out of the class once he'd finished putting everything away.
"So I was thinking I could help you study for tomorrow's lesson, I always do it the night before so I can get my head around it." You said adjusting the strap on your bag and looking at him, he was nodding at you.
"Sure sounds good." He managed to stutter out to you, you smiled at him and headed towards the door,
"I was thinking the library after dinner, it'll be quieter." He nodded once more and you went into the halls towards your next lesson. You were the second smartest one in the year, you were neck and neck with Draco but Hermione was always first so it seemed fitting that you helped Neville out a bit, you were always just kind of alone in the school so maybe this was a way of making a friend, which was "sad" as Pansy always mocked you for, it was your fourth year after all.

You'd gotten changed into some muggle clothes since it was after school hours, you were dressed in some jeans and a low cut top, your hair shoved into a messy bun with a pencil sticking out of it, you lent across the desk in front of Neville to open your book and show him.
"I was thinking since you've already failed today's potion." You said opening the book to right page, you'd already made notes down the sides of your pages and Neville was shocked at this.
"How did you get so good in potions?" You smiled sweetly at him, looking at him.
"I think it's because my Grandma was a potions master, I guess I just inherited it." You joked leaning onto the desk again and smiling at him.
"Tomorrow's is going to seem pretty simple but trust me it's not, I recommend reading the instructions three or four times, then I normal do a look cover write and check to make sure I have it down in my head, even though it will be in front of me." He nodded along, his eyes flicking from yours to your exposed chest. He was too nervous to even really concentrate on what you were saying. You sighed.
"Okay so this isn't working." You said coming out from the opposite side of the desk and sitting down next to him.
"It feels like I'm a professor and I feel like that's what makes you nervous?" He nodded along with you, and you smiled at him again.
"Okay good...let's try it this way then. As if we're just too friends sitting together and studying." You said patting his leg and looking down at your book, but his eyes were fixed on you, taking every single feature of you into his brain as if it was the last time he would ever see you this close again.

"Shit what time is it?" You asked looking behind you, the door to the library was shut and most of the lamps except the one on your desk were all blown out and the windows were frosted up.
"It's freezing." You whispered, Neville looked up from his piece of parchment, he was trying to look cover write check technique and it seemed to be working for him.
"It must be late." He added, he slipped off his jacket putting it around you and going over to the doors, you following close behind him.
"Locked." He whispered banging on the door for someone to hear.
"Everyone will be in bed, Flinch will be doing his..." You looked down at your watch on your wrist.
"1am rounds in the dungeons, won't be up here for another hour or two at least." You sighed heading back over to your table and sitting down.
"Okay so since I've helped you with potions would you help me with herbology? I killed a cactus Neville I'm useless with plants." He chuckled sitting down with you again and taking out his own set of books.
"Whoa, you really like it huh?" He nodded.

You were both in front of one of the fires in the library, you'd used the candle from your lantern to light it, you were still in Neville's jacket shaking like a leaf, a herbology book in front of you.
"You know, I've always wanted one of these, don't they look cool?" You asked pointing down to the picture of the mimbulus mimbletonia he nodded. You sniffled a giggle and looked at him, his eyes looked amazing by the fire light and it made you smile, he caught you looking and wiped his cheek.
"What? Do I have something on my face?" You shook your head laughing a little,
"No you just look really cute," You slapped your hand over your mouth, blushing instantly. You could feel your cheeks heating up.
"You look beautiful." He whispered back to you, you moved your hand away from your blushing face and smiled at him, he was blushing as well.
"You know...I've always really liked you...from a distance..wait no that sounds really creepy." You laughed leaning away from him, he was laughing along with you shaking his head.
"No I have too, I've always wanted to talk to you but never had the courage to do so." You smiled again at him,
"Would you mind if I cuddled up to you?" You asked, as awkward as the situation was from a different point of view it didn't feel it to you and Neville, you shifted and sat down in-between in his legs, his arms wrapping around you and pulling the Herbology book back in front of you both, you leaned your head back against his chest and smiled to yourself. He began reading to you from the page and you just listened to the crackling fire and the steady heartbeat of his.

"I knew it! Students out of bed." You heard Filch yelling from the end of the book stack you and Neville were laid behind, you must have both fallen asleep in front of the fire, you were laid in front of Neville who was still asleep, one arm draping over your waist and the other under his head for a pillow, you groaned looking at the bright light coming from Flinch's lantern and shook your head wanting to lay back down in Neville's arms forever and just stay there but McGonagal was with him.
"What is the meaning of this?" She demanded, that work Neville up, he was still holding you close to him as you both sat up.
"We got locked in professor and we must have fallen asleep waiting for someone to come and get us." You answered nodding over to the fire and all of the study books you'd been using.
"We were studying all night, I'm trying to help Neville with Potions and he's trying to help me with Herbology." You said quickly, Neville moved his arm away from you, not wanting to drawer attention to that knowing it would earn you both detention.
"Go back to your dorms. Now." You scrambled to your feet and headed out, Neville close behind you. You waited from the corner before grabbing his hand and running towards the fat lady portrait