D = Dreadful || Draco Malfoy X Reader

You were sat in the back of potions like usual when the grades were being handed out on your papers, you weren't expecting a great grade but to get a D you felt like your world shattered, you shoved the papers into your bag before Pansy, your desk partner, could see them and you looked ahead at Snape who was standing up front again, 
"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your OWL," He had a smirk playing on his lips,
"This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in the examination," He reached turned to face everyone in the class. 
"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect to see a great deal more effort of this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get a "D", " You could have sworn he looked right into your soul as he said that, Malfoy and Pansy started laughing together. 
"Some people got a D? Ha!" You wanted the floor to swallow you whole, you were a slytherin along with Malfoy and Pansy and you knew for a fact they were going to ask you about your grade as soon as the class was over. 

You were sat at the slytherin table in the great hall, Pansy and Malfoy beside you, Crabbe and Goyle in front talking about their grades. They both got P's while Pansy got an A and Malfoy of course got an E. 
"Exceeds Expectations." He said with a smirk plastered across his cheeks, all of their eyes landed on you. 
"What did you get?" Pansy said with a condescending tone, you rolled your eyes changing your tone to match hers. 
"Why is it your business pug face?" You said standing up and taking your bag from the floor, she grabbed it opening it and pulling out the paper. 
"D!?" She squealed handing the papers to Malfoy,  who did nothing. He was silent while Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle were laughing at you, shaking your head you snatched the papers from Draco's hands and ran out of the great hall and towards the library, tears streaming down your face as you did so. 

You'd taken the afternoon out of lessons, saying you were sick to every teacher you had that afternoon and stayed in the library to study. You'd been doing great in every other lesson except potions you knew it was because you hated the subject and most of all Snape but you still couldn't manage to get your work down on paper or in actual practical work, you could do the work, you could do it amazingly it was just Snape. You'd always watched your father making potions back home and knew exactly what to do and how to do it to perfection but something about being under pressure threw you off. You had your head in the book you hadn't noticed Draco come in and sit down in front of you. He was watching you take notes on the book.
"You want to make sure you use powdered Griffin Claw." You jumped slightly dropping your quill to see Draco looking down at your paper. 
"If not you'll ruin the whole thing." You nodded, writing it down and then looking back at him, he was still staring at your paper. 
"Also Salamander blood," You nodded again adding it to your piece of parchment, you knew he was the second smartest in the class next to Hermione of course. 
"Why didn't you make fun of me, like the rest of them?" You mumbled closing the book and looking at the time. It was 9pm and if Umbridge caught you, you would be dead meat. 
"Because everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. I'll tell you what, I'll help you study and pass potions with flying colours." You blinked at him, you were stood up now.
"Why would you do that?" He shrugged his shoulders taking your bag for you and walking with you into the hall. 
"Call it a goodwill gesture." He said as you both went towards the staircases. 
"But if I tell anyone I'm dead?" You questioned, he shook his head looking at you with a small smile playing on his lips. 
"No, do what you want. It's just studying, I'll meet you in Snapes classroom tomorrow at 7, don't be late and keep studying." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were tapping your pencil on your book, you'd been sat in Snape's room for the last hour waiting for Draco but there was still no sign of him coming. 
"Miss Y/L/N, What are you doing in my classroom?" You looked up to see Snape standing there, your throat felt dry as though you couldn't speak. 
"She's waiting for me, I'm helping her study." You turned to see Draco in the door, he was carrying a book, cauldron and some ingredients.
"Right, well I'll leave you to it." Snape left and you were alone with Malfoy who was setting everything up for you. 
"You're late," You whispered taking off your robes and standing there in your jumper and skirt. 
"You're hot." You stayed silent, neither of you daring to say anything, you decided on ignoring his comment and getting on with the potion. 

"Now add the blood," He said from the side of you, you poured it in and began staring three times clockwise and then four times anticlockwise. The potion began to bubble and you closed your eyes knowing you'd failed for the second time that night. 
"Open your eyes." You opened them to see that the liquid was the perfect shade of turquoise and you smiled jumping up and down and wrapping your arms around Malfoy, before jumping away from him and straightening your robes. 
"Sorry I just got excited," You said clearing your throat, he did the same and then headed for the door. 
"Get cleaned up, it's Saturday tomorrow but just because it's the Hogsmeade trip doesn't mean we won't be studying. Meet me at the three broomsticks, bring your potions book and I'll help you with some notes that will help you pass the next class." You nodded and watched him vanish as he went down the hallway 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were sitting at the window seat in the three broomsticks when Draco walked in, but he wasn't alone. Behind him was Pansy who was trying to talk to him, you kept your head down pulling your hat further down to try and hide but it clearly didn't work because Pansy was at your table in a heartbeat. 
"This is who you're coming to see, this idiot." You sent her a fake smile and then another at Draco. 
"I'm helping her study, so she won't be such an idiot." Wow. That stung, you looked out of the window trying to drown out their conversation they were having about you. 
"What ever Dracey-Poo." You held back a gag as she leaned up and kissed his cheek, he slid down in front of you in the booth and she left going back towards the castle. 
"Dracey-poo, what's on the agenda today then?" He glared at you pulling out his book, you did the same and ordered two butter beers for you both. 
"Might as well get a head start on next weeks lesson, it'll help you out more." He said, sliding his book over to you. You noticed his neat handwriting all over it, scratching out some of the instructions with his own. 
"You're really good at potions, how did you get this good?" He shrugged sipping on his drink 

You'd been studying for an hour when a group of people rushed passed the window, you looked out to see them being lead by Fred and George Weasley. 
"What's going on?" Draco asked staring out of the window, you'd heard rumours of people meeting up at Hog's head but you didn't think it was true. 
"Who knows, probably some dumb new Weasley invention." You lied, you didn't want to get wrapped up in all of that, you wanted to keep your head down and pass class. Draco shook his head and wrapped his scarf around his neck. 
"I'm going to head back to the castle, want to join me?" You nodded packing everything away and following him out. 

"So how come you suck at potions?" You laughed along with Draco after he asked you this, you shrugged your shoulders. 
"I think it's the pressure, it just gets to me." He nodded along with you, you were almost at the castle now. 
"I've enjoyed spending the day with you, I know it was just studying but I don't know. I feel like I don't have to be someone I'm not around you." You were shocked by the words that were coming out of his mouth but you agreed. 
"It's been nice not having you make fun of me." You said with a small smile on your face, he sighed looking at you.
"I only do that because...well...because I like you." You were both stood still, a few feet away from the castle, he took your hand in his and looked deep into your eyes. 
"When I found out you were failing, I wanted to help. Not just because you failing effects the rest of the house but because I like you and it gave me an excuse to just talk to you." You giggled
"Draco you didn't need an excuse to come and talk to me," He chuckled shaking his head and biting his lip. 
"I know that now," You smiled this time, standing on your tip toes you placed a kiss on his cheek.
"I'll see you tomorrow." You whispered before running off into the castle.