12.

Today is the first day of school again.

I've had the best summer ever.

I've traveled with Addy for a month and the rest I spend with Brandon, the boys and Addy.

You must wonder, where are the girl her parents? Let me tell you that.

I never knew my mom, she died when I was born. My dad took care of us our whole life's until a few years ago. He got sick. Very sick. He lived a year with his illness before he died.

We've lost everything except our home. That's all we have left. Since then Brandon took care of me but now that I'm 18 I can take good care of myself.

We're doing just fine as the two of us.

'I am not in the mood for school' I say to Brandon as he walks into the room. 'I know, 3 more months left and you're done. You'll survive' he smiles and I smile.

3 more months and I'm done. That's the only thing I repeat in my head. It'll be fine.

'You ready?' Brandon asks and we get in the car. 'Yes, I think' I say and smile. We drive off to school. What a party.

As I get to school i'm actually getting excited. Just because i'm seeing all my friends again. I haven't seen some in literally months so that's nice.

'Thanks b for dropping me off' I say and kiss him on the cheek. 'Now go before someone sees you and freaks out' 'Have fun Jess, see you in a few hours' He says and drives away.

'Jess oh my god' I hear behind me. I turn around and Damon is right behind me. 'Oh my god how i've missed you so much my baby' I say and hug him. 'Can't breath' He stumbles and I let go. 'Sorry' I say and we walk into the school. 'How was you're summer babe?' He asks me. 'I've done so much this summer. I went on a vacation with Addy and spent so much time with my brother and his friends' I laugh and Damon smiles. 'Someone's still not gay in the group?' He asks and I shake my head. 'They just don't know it yet boo' I smile. 'Also something happened between me and Nick' I say as we walk into class. 'We kissed, twice' 'You what?!' He screams. 'Shush dude, once we were sober and the other time definitely not' I laugh and he smiles. 'Finally girl, it's about time some fun happened in you're life' he says. 'Addy said the same damn thing' I say and then the class starts.

Addy and I don't go to school together. She's a year older so she's already done with school and working her ass off. Damon is my only real friend here at school and I am obsessed with his gay ass.

After a day of school I go outside to look for Brandon's car but it's not there. 'Where the hell are you Brandon' I whisper to myself. 'Over here' I hear and that's not Brandon. It's Nick.

'Nick what the hell are you doing here' I ask him and get in the car. 'Brandon was with a girl so he asked if someone could pick you up' he says. With a girl? What? Who? 'Who was he with then?' I ask. 'Some chick named Maggie I think' he says and drives away. 'And he was ok with you picking me up?' I ask and laugh. 'He doesn't know I am the one who's picking you up' he smirks. 'I'll just tell him that Austin picked me up than, thanks man' I sigh and we drive home.