Chp 5 - Popularity is life

Stephanie's cheerleader friend (Katie O'Brien)

*******

Stephanie's POV

Popularity is life.

I looked at my mini black dress along with a denim jacket although I should probably take something like a school bag but I didn't need that. My books were in my locker anyway.

A high school was different and I would rather go back to doing millitary rather than doing the real high school.

Firstly high school was full of drama and there were so many bullies including students who were gothic or whatever, it also had too much stress and made a child believe they are not clever just because they got an f on their test.

I just went to School and wrote random answers, I didn't bother studying instead I enjoyed the other pleasures of high school which was the popularity.

Popularity is nice heck it's life. You get to walk inside the school and already all the boys will be looking at you which is disgusting considering the fact that am lesbian and am not hiding it either nor have I told everyone in School because no one asked.

I felt like I could get attention and someone could admire me for me I suppose expecially when your family takes you for granted. I signed long and heavy before leaving the room.

My heels clicking on the floor as I went to the dining room. As expected Pearl was not there, it has been three days after our bloody fight so she was sitting with her new submissive... I mean host.

Kieran was still looking at Emmanuel who ignored him and was eating peacefully. Emmanuel and Kieran were something I couldn't comprehend but I know Kieran dreams of killing him.

Steven wore the baseball jacket and David was always on his cellphone which had me wondering what he saw in that phone.

I sat down and that's when Kieran looked at me before clearing his throat.

"Dad called." He said making everyone freeze even Emmanuel's fork stopped halfway, David put his phone down while Steven opened and closed his mouth. It remained silent for a while.

Dad.

"What did he say?" David demanded.

"He was thinking of visiting..." We all paled, dad and visiting are not supposed to be mixed together "but I told him things were fine. Apparently burning the fake ass orphanage which we know it as their branch caused a damage. It's all over the news and dad saw it, of course he knows we had something to do with it."

I just blinked before eating my food trying to ignore that information.

"Wait do you really trust dad to not come here?" I asked and Kieran just shrugged.

"The is a possibility." He said.

"Um...you didn't tell him about the warning? Right?" Emmanuel asked.

"Of course I didn't but he says he wants to talk to his children individually meaning you all have to call him except Emmanuel."

Emmanuel signed in relief before eating his food unbothered knowing  he isn't talking to our dad.

"Oh." I said warily "so as in today?"

Kieran nodded before laughing a bit like something was amusing to him making us look at him warily.

"You all better call that man and tell him that you're fine and safe while we secretly fight and investigate this war." He said and we all nodded "If he comes here and finds out the truth.....The whole Creak will come to an end."