I hang his coat up for him and take mine off too. He takes his shoes off.

"You tired?" I ask him and take a seat on the couch.

"Mm-mm," he shakes his head and makes eye contact with me. I purposely sat a little far from him because I wanna see if he'll come to me— if he's really still comfortable with me. Because I can't lie, I feel like he acting real shy with me and like I said, I'm willing to rebuild that relationship if I need to. I just need to know if there's something to rebuild.

I feel his eyes on me for a minute. I don't say nothing and I don't do nothing, just stare at the wall, waiting for him to sit with me like I know he wants to. It takes all of two minutes for him to move from where he's at. He scoots all the way over to leave no space between us and lays his head on my chest. I wrap my arm around him.

"I was waiting on you," I admit.

"Me too. But I couldn't wait anymore," Cameron laughs.

I laugh too but him saying that just makes me think back on not being here with him and him waiting for me and all that. I don't know what I would've done if he ain't wait for me, if I got out and he had a whole other situation going on. I don't even want to think about that right now, so let me stop. It's irrelevant because what matters is the fact that he did wait for me.

"I'm realizing I shoulda set something up for you. This boring ain't it. Ion mind it but I don't know about you." I dead don't have nothing planned. My only concern was making sure we together. But I should probably had something like dinner or something. But we ate already.

"Something like what? This is perfect," he says.

"You sure?" I know he like to lie and say things are good when it's really not.

"Yes. I don't care where we are Anthony. When I woke up this morning I didn't have a clue I'd be seeing you soon. I don't care about that."

"So you on the same page as me–come up here I wanna look at you," I pull him up and sit him on my lap, "so you on the same page as me." I say again. I look at him, expecting him to respond. But he's too caught up staring at my mouth. He probably ain't even notice I said anything. Naturally, I smile at how hard he's looking.

His eyes flicker up soon as I do that and of course he blushes. "Kiss 'em." I suggest. All that staring he acting like I ain't readily available to satisfy whatever he want. He don't hesitate, and got his lips pressed up against mine in a second. He keeps them there for a couple seconds, pulls away just a little bit, then kisses me again. I smile at how serious he is, how assertive the kiss feels.

My cheeks start getting wet and I know Cameron is crying now. I want to pull away to take care of him, but he keeps deepening the kiss. Finally he gasps on my lips giving me a chance to pull away. I wipe away his tears with my thumb.

"Stop crying, I don't want you to cry no more," I express. Every time he cries it makes me feel bad.

He sniffles, "I know. Just— can I just kiss you a little longer? Please."

"You could kiss me as long as you want." I pull his face in and let him do what he wants, let him kiss me how he wants while I follow. I figure it's his way to express his emotions right now.

He pulls away and sniffles with low eyes, "thank you," Cameron wipes my mouth and cheeks to wipe away his tears, "sorry."

"Lemme distract you baby. Whatever it is that's making you sad, we gon address it, but focus on me." I touch the side of his face. I could tell that cry was not because he's happy I'm here. It had too much pain behind it. And even though being the type of nigga that I am, I wanna handle whatever his problems are off jump, I also don't want him to stress right now especially when he just came from the hospital.