CHAPTER 24 - I want this day to last forever

When we arrived to the park, we found a perfect spot under a tree with a full view of everything. I took out a big blanket placing it under the tree while Benji was jumping up and down wanting to feed the ducks NOW. 

”Sweetheart, calm down. I’m almost done here” I said crouching at him.

”I can fix this. Just go with him to the pond start feeding the ducks and I’ll be joining you in a moment.” Robert said behind me. 

”Yeey” Benji said jumping even higher now. 

”Okay baby, thank you.” I said kissing him quickly on the lips. Grabbing Benjis hand leading him to the ducks. 

I reached for the bread in the basket while Benji was looking with excitement at the birds walking around. I gave some small pieces of bread to him so he could throw it to them. He giggled every time a duck would catch the bread he was throwing. And sometimes when the ducks weren’t that interested in our food he would get a little bit pissed and with purpose he aimed the bread right into their heads. Like what the fuck? Good job kiddo, I taught you well, hehe. No, I’m just kidding. 

In the mean time Robert was done placing out our picnic when he came forward to us. 

”You having a good time champ?” he asked Benji while wrapping his arms around my waist. 

”Yaa, this fun!” Benji said with excitement written all over his face. 

”You know, you’re looking good from my view.” Robert said whispering in my ear. Oh I shivered just hearing his voice that close to me.

”Oh, I did? Uh, what view by the way?” I asked confused. 

”From our picknick view of course. You know, I can see everything and it just makes me so happy seeing you with Benji. It gives me hope.” he said looking me in the eyes. 

”Aw, thank you baby. I really do love the fact that you like spending time with us. And especially Benji. He truly loves you. I can see that in his eyes.” I said grabbing his neck kissing him lightly on his lips.