CHAPTER 55 - Buying THE ring

When the boys arrived downtown Robert turned around in his seat to ask Benji if they could pick up Sarahs ring before they started to play the game.

"Hey buddy, is it okay if we stop by some stores before going on a pokémon hunt?" Robert asked the little boy in the backseat.

"Okay, but where are we going?" Benji asked.

"I wanna buy a ring for your mom and ask her an important question tonight." Robert replied to the confused boy who didn't understand.

"Don't get it Wobby, sorry..:" Benji said looking at him with a weird face.

"Let me help you out of the car, and I'll explain to you." Robert smiled while getting out of the car to help Benji loosen his seatbelt.

They got to the jewellery store and walked in. Before Robert walked to the counter he crouched down to Benjis level so he could explain what he was planing to do tonight.

"You'll see Benji, I really love your mom, and I love you too. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you guys if you let me, and tonight I wanna ask your mom if she wants that too. I want us to be a real family, and if she says yes I'm going to be the happiest man alive and do everything in my power to be the best husband and step father to you." Robert

"I miss dada but I want you to be my new dad." Benji simply said hugging Robert.

Even tho Robert wasn't sure if Benji understood what he just said, the could tell that the little boy really enjoyed this company and it was really important to Robert to know.

Robert put his arms around the little boy hugging him closely. That moment was perfect. The only thing that was missing right now was his beautiful girlfriend, soon to be wife he hoped.

Robert sat Benji on his hip while walking towards the counter.

"Hello sir, how may I help you today?" a young guy named Shawn asked.

"Hey, I'm looking for a ring to my girlfriend." Robert smiles.

"We have a lot of options over here, if you wanna follow me I'll show you the section." Shawn told him walking over to a big cabinet.

"Wow, treasures! Look!" Benji said pointing at the jewelries.

"Right buddy, let's see what ring we should get your mom. What do you think?" Robert asked the little boy.

"You want my help?" Benji replied with a smile.

"Of course buddy, your opinion is important to me." Robert said kissing his cheek.

"I'm here to help you if you're wondering about something." Shawn said.

"I like that one!" Benji pointed to a silver band with small diamonds.

"This one?" Shawn asked, taking out the ring from the cabinet.

"Yes, it's beautiful, just like momma." Benji said smiling.

"What do you think sir?" Shawn asked Robert who was smiling at the boy's decision.

"It's weird, because I was actually looking at a similar ring on the internet that I really liked, but this ring is a lot more beautiful. It got more diamonds on it. I love it, and I hope Sarah will love it too." Robert said taking the ring from Shawn to inspect it closer to his eye.

"What do you think Benji? Will this ring be good for your mom?" Robert asked holding the ring infront of the boy.

"Yaa, I love it!" Benji screamed with excitement.

"We'll take this." Robert said handing over the ring to Shawn so he could get a fitting box to it.

Robert paid for the ring, took Benjis hand in his and walked out of the store. He couldn't stop smiling.

After a couple of hours playing Pokémon in the park, it was time to head home.

Meanwhile, I was getting a bit bored being alone, so I decided to start making dinner for us. I know that Benji really loved being with Robert and I didn't want to take away that from him so I didn't want to interrupt them asking about when they were coming home. They could take their time. Microwaves are amazing by the way.

When the boys arrived home and walked into the house they smelled dinner.

"Hi boys, you were gone for a long time. I was actually starting to miss you." I walked out from the kitchen greeting my loved ones with hugs and kisses.

"Hi moma, we were on an adventure!" Benji said with excitement clapping his hands together.

"Oh really, you were. Was it funny baby?" I smiled at my son taking him in his embrace.

"Yep, momma, you're beautiful by the way." Benji said kissing my cheek.

"Why thank you baby, I love you so much". I answered kissing him back.

"Hi, honey, I missed you too. Did you have fun?" I asked Robert kissing him.

"We had a great time baby. Couldn't wait to get home to you tho. I'm gonna go up and freshen up. Be right back." Robert said kissing me back.

In the meantime when Sarah and Benji had their little moment in the hallway Robert couldn't wait any longer. He wanted to do this now so he could kiss his fiancee.

He walked upstairs to take a quick shower, put on some nice clothes and perfume he knew drove her crazy. He prepared the box and he had also bought some flowers.

When he walked downstairs again he could hear some small chatter in the living room. He guessed they were watching some cartoons together.

"Benji, could you come to the kitchen really quick?" Robert asked from the kitchen.

"On my way Wobbie!" Benji said running to the kitchen with excitement because he knew what was going to happen.

Robert told him about the plan and then they called out Sarah to come to the kitchen.