CHAPTER 45 - Dad approves

A quick author's note: 

I went to the cinema today and we saw Avengers:Age of Ultron. Let me just say this: IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING! and as usual Robert Downey Jr. almost made me drool. God what that man does to me.. He's wonderful.

So I just thought that I would write a new chapter for you guys tonight because I was so hyped after the movie when I got home. Enjoy this!

—————

I felt someone poking my shoulder carefully and when I opened my eyes I saw Robert smiling at me.

"Baby, you fell asleep. We're home now. I didn't want to wake you up because it looked so peacefully but I guess you're pretty excited to see Benji." he said caressing my cheek.

"Oh, I didn't notice. Sorry for being such a boring company, but yes I can't wait to see him" I said yawning. 

He smiled at me. He knew how much I loved my little baby boy and he knew that I would do anything for him. 

"Come on! Let's go get him home" Robert said pulling my arm.

We went to the front door and just when I was about to knock the door flew up and I saw my dad holding my son. Benji was so excited to see us. 

He waved his arms rapidly and smiling.

"MOMMA!" he screamed as he reached for me to hold him.

I took him in my arms and attacked his tiny cheeks with my lips.

"Hi sweetheart, aw, I missed you so much. But I hope you had a wonderful time at grandpa." I said hugging him close to my chest.

"Yeah, it was fun. We played with toys, ate pancakes and watched cartoons." he said smiling.

"Glad you had fun honey but let's go home and cuddle up to a movie." I said looking at him and then at Robert.

"Care to join us honey?" I asked Robert. 

"Only if the little guy approves." he said messing up Benjis hair.

"Yeeey,, Wobbie comes with us" he says reaching for Robert to take him. 

Robert takes my son and kisses his cheek. Omg, what a perfect photo what could have been.

I turned to my dad who was still standing at the door watching us. 

"I'm sorry dad, thank you so much for taking care of Benji." I said walking up to him giving him a hug.

"No need to apologize honey. I see how much you two care about each other and I'm glad that you've find someone as Robert. I think he is a great guy and he truly cares about you and Benji. As a matter of fact, don't tell him that I said this but.. He actually called me when you were away on this trip just to clear some things up. I know that he wants to quit his current job at your school and start an another one because he's serious about you. He doesn't want to hide his love for you and I can tell you this: if a man is willing to give up his job that kind of saved him from his past for a girl, she is very special. And I'm just so happy that his girl happens to be my beautiful and only daughter." he said looking down at me with tears in his eyes. I can tell that he was happy.

I almost had tears in my eyes as well when I turned to see that Robert was standing a fet meters away from us holding Benji in his arms and they were looking at sky looking for airplanes or birds.

"I really do love him dad. I never thought I could love someone after Benjis dad passed away, but with Robert it's different. He makes me feel calm, safe and happy. He doesn't even have to say anything we can just sit in a room across from each other not talking and I would still feel so much relaxed than I would be without him. I'm happy dad. I'm happy that my son seems to love him as much as I do and I'm thankful that you like him too. Despite our age difference." I answered looking at him.

"It bothered me at the beginning, the age difference. But as I can see and hear I rather have Robert who's older and much wiser than a lot of guys your age. Who only wants one thing from you and then just leave you there alone. I know that Robert is mature and stable with a job, economy and a really nice house as he explained on the phone. What I'm trying to say honey is that I don't care how old he is as long as he treats you and Benji right. And that you're happy with him. That's all I want." he says kissing my cheek holding me close to him. 

We stood there for a couple of minutes hugging when we heard a little boys voice.

"MOMMA come now! We wanna watch spongebob!" Benji screams from Roberts arms.

"I'm coming sweetie. Robert, do you mind putting him in the car?" I ask smiling at them.

"Of course baby. Come on little buddy, let's get you strapped in the car and then we can go home and watch cartoons!" Robert says holding Benji close to his hip. 

"YEEEY SPONGEBOB WOBBIEEE" Benji screams in excitement waving his arms while Robert is getting the seatbelt on.

"Hold on buddy, I'm just gonna go over and say goodbye to your grandpa. Be right back with mommy, okay?" he says patting my son on his head.

Robert runs up to us and reaching for my dads hand. My dad's looking at him, smiling and then grabs his shoulders into a hug.

"Thank you son for taking care of my family. I value you high and your phone call the other day made me feel like I can take a little step back from the 'throne' to protect them. That's your job now." he says looking Robert straight in his eyes.

"Yes sir, I'll protect them both with my life. I love them both very much and as I said on the phone, I'm very serious about them. I can see myself with them in the future. If Sarah allows me to be." Robert answers my dad and catch my eyes with a smile on his lips.

"I know you do son. That's why I'm letting you be with her. Go now, have a fun time with them and I'll talk to you soon." he says shaking Roberts hand.

"Of course sir." he answered. 

"Oh please, call me Brian." my dad said smiling at him. 

We said our goodbyes to my dad and went to the car were I could see that Benji had fallen asleep.

Just when Robert was about to open my car door I stopped him, grabbed him by his collar and gave him a passionately kiss. He smiled when I kissed him and he kissed back. Things were getting heated and I totally forgot that we were still outside my dads house and my son would wake up any minute.

We pulled away and I looked him deeply in his eyes, smiling and then I said:

"Thank you Robert. For everything. I love you so much." 

"I love you too sweetheart. I can't live without you. You're my everything." he answers giving me one last kiss before we're heading back to my place.