CHAPTER 9 - Happy events at the hospital

After my alone time with my son my dad, Robert and Emma walked into us. Since my dad already had seen Benji he left us some space. Emma walked up to Benji hugging him carefully and kissed him on his little cheek. He chuckled and smiled when he saw her. He loved her. And she loved him. When we were going through those difficult times when Benjis father died Emma was always there for us, along with my dad. When dad couldn't help out, she did. So Benji has grown up with her as well. 

When Emma stepped aside to give us space, Benji saw Robert. His face lightened up and he was pointing at him. I didn't understand why he was so happy to see Robert since this is the first time they've met. But hey, I don't complain because this is not the last time they're going to see each other, if you know what I mean...STOP IT SARAH. 

Robert gladly walked up to Benjis bed and patted his little head and making some weird faces so Benji would crack a laugh. 

"Hi buddy, my name is Robert. But you can call me Rob, Robbie or Bob if you like that better" he said looking down at my son. 

Since my son is only 2 years old and his first year we lived in Sweden, so he doesn't speak english that much. But he looked at Roberts face while he was introducing himself with enthusiasm and when he was done talking Benji just smiled at him at took his hand and placed it in Roberts. 

I just stood there, watching them two together was so beautiful. It really seems that Robert likes kids(especially my kid, mohahha no just kidding) because he was always trying to make Benji smile. Like that was a mission he wouldn't fail. And to my luck, Benji seemed to love Robert.

The doctors wanted to keep Benji for some days just in case the fever would get any worse, but we got lucky and he got released after 2 days.