Love Never Comes Easy - Part 43

Harry hadn't slept a wink all night. His heart had been racing all night and he felt sick to his stomach. His eyes were puffy from crying and he just felt so lost.. broken. But he deserved it. He deserved every bit of the way he was feeling. He should have told you as soon as it happened. At the time he thought it was the best idea not to say anything, especially since nothing really happened.

Looking back now he was filled with regret. He sat up in bed when he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in," he whispered.

You had opened the door to the bedroom and walked straight over to your closet. You got your suitcases out and put them on the bed, ignoring Harry.

"Y/N... can we please talk about this," he whispered reaching out towards you.

"There's nothing to talk about right now," you stated.

"So, you're just going to walk away from our family because of something that didn't even mean anything?" He asked standing up. "What happened to we're older now and we're going work things out without running away?"

"You should have thought about that before you did what you did!" You snapped.

"It was a bloody kiss. That's it and I wasn't even the one who instigated it!" He defended. "Nothing else happened because I love you and I knew it wasn't worth losing you and our son over!"

"Is that... do you honestly think I'm this upset over the kiss?" You asked.

Harry just stared at you.

"I'll admit seeing you kiss someone else, hurt, but what hurt me more was the fact that you hid it from me," you said. "You essentially lied to me. If you lied to me about something like that, how do I know you haven't lied to me about anything else."

"I haven't," he whispered. "I promise you."

"When we were talking about my feelings about you going on tour and me not working right now, you sat there and told me that you didn't want any secrets between us. So, I told you about the pap from last year, yet you sat there holding a secret of your own and said nothing," you said. "You had plenty of chances to come clean about it, but you chose not to do it. How do you think that makes me feel?"

"Because I didn't think it mattered," he sighed. "It was a mistake that happened ages ago and it didn't even last more than a few seconds. Yes, I should have told you and I'm sorry for that, but I've not lied about anything else."

You sighed shaking your head. "I don't know if I can trust you right now," you whispered. "That's why I have to leave."

"Y/N, please," he cried. "I'm sorry. What can I do to gain your trust back? You can stay here... I'll stay in the guest bedroom, just please don't leave."

"Do you think I want to leave?" You cried. "Do you think I want Mac to stay in some hotel room away from you? Do you think I want to go through this again with you? No, I fucking don't! I thought we were past all this shit, Harry! I thought we were finally, okay, and that nothing could come between us again, but you fucked it all up."

"Me? Yes, I fucked up, and I'm sorry for that, but you're the one that's running away from the problem instead of trying to work it out," he said. "We're not just dating anymore, Y/N. We're a fucking family, now. You can't just fucking run away when shit isn't going smoothly."

"Okay, so let's say roles were reversed," you said. "What if your Mother came here and showed you a photo of me kissing some other guy and then you find out that it happened months ago, but I never told you. Please, tell me how you'd react to that."