Thirty Three

Hannah Dolan
I wake up to the crying of my little baby again. I love her to pieces, but this is the fourth time tonight. I turn over to pick her out of her cradle, which is placed next to my side of the bed. Holding her in my arms, I carefully sit up against the headboard and rock her. "Shhhhh. Everything's okay, Mummy's here." I say quietly.

Once she quiet again, I can't help but notice how sparkly her eyes are, and how long her eyelashes are - she's so cute!

I feel Grayson stirring in his sleep beside me, so I make sure to keep extra still so that I don't wake him. He's been up with her all night. However, he still wakes up, sitting up on the bed next to me.

"How long have you been up?" He asks me in a husky voice whilst rubbing his eyes. "Only about 10 minutes, why?" I reply quietly. "Just checking you haven't been up for ages." He said smiling before turning all of his attention onto our little girl. "You can go back to sleep, I was just about to put her back down." I say. Grayson nods before lying back down, closely followed by myself.

Me and Grayson are facing each other whilst getting comfortable. "I love you." He whispers, kissing me on the forehead. "I love you too."