Twenty Three

Hannah Dolan
It's officially been 2 months since I told Gray that we were expecting our first child. We've told Lisa, Cameron and everyone else that is close to us. It hurt to know that my parents won't be here to see their first grandchild, and the same went for Gray as he thought about his Dad - but, we still have lots of people around us who love and care for us.

We've had our first ultrasound, heard the baby's heart beat, and even started on the baby's room ... well, kind of. We want the walls to replicate the baby's gender a little bit, so we've had to wait until our gender reveal party. But wait no more, because the gender reveal party is today!

I stand up from having done my hair and makeup, picking up a tightly fitted black dress to put on. Once I put it on, I glance at myself in the mirror - wow ... my bump has grown a lot overnight.

As soon as I walk downstairs, I see Emma, Ethan, and Grayson finishing the final touches on the decorations - they insisted I did nothing!

"Wow! This looks great guys, I love it!" I say, shocked at how well it looks.

"We're glad you like it!" Gray replies as he hugs me from behind, also rubbing my belly. Ethan and Emma nod in agreement before Ethan picks Lucas up from the floor, kissing his cheek.

"I can't wait until we have a little family." Grayson whispers in my ear. I just hold his hands in agreement, before we sway and then let go, due to a knock at the door.

***

Both me and Grayson have welcomed all of our guests, and now it's time for the reveal! I'm honestly so nervous for this part. Both Emma and Cameron are walking around letting people choose either a pink necklace for a girl, or a blue necklace for a boy. I've got a blue one on, and Grayson has a pink one on.

"I hope it's a boy!" I say to Grayson, "however, I will still love the baby as much if it's a girl!"

"I'm pretty sure we're having a girl, babe! Imagine how fun it would be to watch her grow, and then you can style her hair, when she has some of course!" Gray whispers in my ear. We both laugh before Lisa hands us both a confetti cannon each, and everyone starts counting down from 10. "THIS IS IT!" Gray shouts.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Both me and Gray pull the cannons at the same time, letting pink confetti fly out everywhere. Everything seems to be going in slow motion, as I watch everyone scream and cheer before I look and Grayson and notice his face has lit up and he runs over to me, hugging me before kissing the baby inside of me.

"We're having a girl!" He shouts.

Everyone cheers! This is amazing ... 🎀💕