Chapter 10 - I'm an Intern

Beginne am Anfang

Having asked this question over the past couple of months while performing treatment in the Emergency Department, Doctor Wu knew how the minds of these doctors worked. There was a rift between the director and the associate director, and neither of them were willing to mend that rift.

Among the senior attending physicians, Doctor Zhou was the most generous at giving opportunities. Of course, this could also mean that while he had an ugly face, he was a friendly and laid-back person.

Doctor Zhou was leisurely debriding one of the tattooed men’s wounds. He said, “Suturing needs to be carried out, but I have no authority over them.”

“Huh? Has your role been changed?” Resident Doctor Wu looked around curiously.

The Emergency Department had been divided into different areas of authority according to the beds. An attending physician or experienced resident doctor would be responsible for anywhere between a few to dozens of beds. To ensure that the appropriate amount of care is given, patients would be assigned by the beds within said doctors’ jurisdictions.

The associate director and director only handled ailments. The attending physicians and experienced resident doctors were the ones who routinely gave attention to less important matters.

Based on what Resident Doctor Wu and the others could remember, the first few beds belonged to Doctor Zhou.

Doctor Zhou said nonchalantly, “Those people requested for Doctor Ling.”

“Which one is Doctor Ling?”

It was an unfamiliar name, and Doctor Wu could not help but look around.

“Over there.” Doctor Zhou pointed. As a local powerhouse, he was unwilling to advertise for an external force of power.

Resident Doctor Wu looked towards the direction Doctor Zhou pointed and saw Ling Ran sitting in the cubicle.

“Isn’t he an intern?” Resident Doctor Wu was so shocked that his mouth flopped wide open.

Doctor Zhou was momentarily startled. He asked, “You know him?”

“He came here together with the other interns this morning.”

“Then, you’re probably mistaken.” Doctor Zhou could not help but laugh.

You could forge documents, you could talk your way out of things, but medical skills spoke for themselves.

Ling Ran’s skills were so epic that if Doctor Zhou put all the skin that Ling Ran had sutured into one line, he could probably circle around the globe and invade Taiwan again on behalf of the Dutch. How could he be an intern?

Resident Doctor Wu was just as baffled, but he was still mainly concerned with practicing his skills. He brushed over the matter with a chuckle and said, “I see that quite a few patients are waiting. Why don’t we go and help them first?”

Beside him, Doctor Li quickly nodded.

Doctor Zhou chuckled and said, “Before that, you should be asking patients for permission.”

“There are actually patients choosing their doctors in the Emergency Department?” Doctor Wu blinked in surprise.

Doctor Zhou raised his eyebrows at him helplessly and said, “They want to choose. What can you do about it?”

Resident Doctor Wu was rendered speechless. Resident Doctor Li, who came along with him, did not buy this madness for one minute. He went to a kind-looking tattooed man with a unicorn on his arm and asked with a smile, “Does your injury hurt? Come and sit here, I’ll stitch it up for you.”