Chapter 30 - Operating Theater

The first experience that Ling Ran had in the operating theater was while he was affiliated to a medical organization.

In order to ensure the bleeding control’s effectiveness, Ling Ran stretched out his arm and held on for nearly an hour. While he waited for the moment his arm would be liberated, his entire limb went numb.

However, this also allowed him to observe an operation from another closer angle. It was also quite a valuable experience for a medical student.

“How did you know the point was at the Glisson’s capsule?” After the vital signs of the patient were stabilized, Huo Congjun was also much more relieved than before. He did not even inform the General Surgery Department before he started performing the surgery himself.

He came first from the General Surgery Department. Although he had been transferred to the Emergency Department many years ago, snatching the General Surgery Department’s surgeries was still what he did most.

Ling Ran was rubbing his arm. At the same time, he was also recalling the feeling he felt just now as he said, “Because the volume of the bleeding was huge, the patient’s abdomen was basically exposed on the front and there were no signs of any other problems such as hemothorax. So I paid attention to the situation of the blood flow.”

The technique that Ling Ran acquired was the Perfect Level Barehanded Bleeding Control Technique. For that, not only did his muscle memory become greater, his corresponding knowledge reserves, too, increased.

It could be said that other than the lack of on-site experience, and the lack of practical experience on real and solid bodies, Ling Ran’s barehanded bleeding control technique had attained the standard of top-notch doctors.

In comparison to that, even though Huo Congjun was the Director of the Emergency Department, the standard of his barehanded bleeding control technique was only a little better than a beginner, and he was far from reaching Specialist Level. Hence, he was even further away from reaching Master Level and Perfect Level. Besides, he would not spend time studying the barehanded bleeding control technique even if he was free.

This time, Huo Congjun suddenly recalled the pain of being dominated by his mentors and his prodigal classmates at the start of his vocational training.

“Where did you learn this from?” Huo Congjun could only start asking questions from this point on.

Ling Ran thought for two seconds before he decided to throw in his ‘question eliminator’ and replied, “I learned this from my family’s own clinic.”

“Your family’s own clinic?”

“Lower Groove Clinic.”

“That is not far from our hospital. Is it a community health center in an alley of Lower Groove?” Huo Congjun gave it some thought for a few seconds, and found that he actually knew the place. He said, “Lower Groove has always been sending patients to our Emergency Department. I never noticed that they possessed such a skill though.”

The Lower Groove Clinic was just like other community health centers. The income source of the health centers basically came from patients with influenza and fevers. But they would sometimes encounter some cases that were more complicated. For instance, patients with acute appendicitis coming to the clinic thinking that they were just having a bad stomach ache; patients who had an ectopic pregnancy thinking that they were just having a normal stomach ache; or patients who had acute pancreatitis thinking that it was just a stomach ache… Or maybe like Boss Yang from the knife-pared noodles restaurant last time. If he did not run into Ling Ran, he would have gotten basic treatment at Lower Groove Clinic and be transferred over to Yun Hua Hospital after that.