Chapter 37 - Research Paper Ready

"Department Director Huo, I've completed my research paper." Ling Ran had been an assistant in the resuscitation room during the day. During his breaks, he searched up information on how to write his research paper. He only used two days to complete the article.

His speed was considered fast, so fast that Huo Congjun furrowed his eyebrows and gave him a reminder, "You can write the research paper slowly. You don't have to rush."

"The words just flowed." Ling Ran's explanation was short but solid.

"You shouldn't underestimate research papers. Regardless of how short a research paper is, you have to be serious when you write it." Huo Congjun opened up Ling Ran's research paper and started to read it.

He read it extremely fast. He took a quick glance at the title of the research paper and only scanned through the paper, selecting the important parts. He also just glanced through the medical case mentioned.

But when he reached the end of the research paper, Huo Congjun could not help but go back to the top of the paper and scanned through it one more time.

Huo Congjun commented, "This is interesting. This is much more complete than the outline of your research paper."

He had very high standards. It was quite difficult to get him to say "interesting" at a short research paper with only one case.

A few doctors in the office, who were sitting by their desks writing medical records and filling in forms, could not help turning around.

The layout of Yun Hua Hospital's Emergency Department was designed in the style of a large office. Everyone worked in the large office, including the director of the department and the chief physicians. The surface area of the office was about the size of two classrooms.

However, it was different from the workplace of private sectors. There were not many office staff in the Emergency Department. Everyone could be assigned to spots that faced the window. The only side that faced the corridor was filled with various filing cabinets full of medical cases, and coffee tables.

As for the empty middle part of the office, it was occupied by a large conference table. The departments of the hospital would hold three to four meetings a week in their own departments. They would either discuss cases, reflect on clinical death cases behind closed doors, or convey the will of the higher-ups to the others in the department.

There was no way that anyone could keep a secret in such an office.

As the person standing at the pinnacle of power in the department, Huo Congjun served as the center of attention for everyone there.

Right after Huo Congjun gave his comment, an associate department director walked over with a smile on his face and said, "Department Director Huo, did you just see a good article?"

"Young Ling has very good comprehension skills." Huo Congjun was twiddling with the printed paper. He flipped it up and down while he scanned through it two more times. He then passed it to the associate department director and said, "Doctor Du, you're our department's research paper expert. Come have a look too."

He was called a research paper expert simply because he wrote a lot of research papers. The quality of his research papers were not high, or else he would not have been stuck being a mere associate department director.

The patients demanded doctors to perform good surgeries in the healthcare system, while the medical field demanded doctors to write good research papers.

However, Doctor Du was already very contented with being crowned with the title of "research paper expert". While he commented modestly about how he was just lucky to receive that title, he took Ling Ran's research paper.