Chapter 48 - This Guy is Still an Intern

The M-Tang technique was also known as the multiple strand intratendinous suturing technique. Just as its name implied, it utilized many strands, usually three strands of full set nylon threads to suture the tendon. Its tractility far surpassed that of the Kessler suturing technique and the double Krackow suture technique. It would not destroy the blood circulation on the dorsal side of the tendon as well.

But the fact that the M-Tang technique required the use of three strands of full set nylon sutures for a tiny tendon made it an obviously harder technique compared to other suturing techniques used to suture tendons.

This was also the reason Ling Ran said that he could not stop. Ling Ran had completed one-third of the suturing process. If he were to stop now and suture the two other strands later, the surgery would become even more difficult. Other suturing techniques may also not be suitable anymore.

Similarly, this was also the reason Zhao Leyi could not take over.

He could suture flexor tendons too, though he could only do so with great difficulty. However, he had never come into contact with the M-Tang technique at all before this.

Unlike the run-of-the-mill simple interrupted suture, the M-Tang technique was both a suturing technique and a surgical method. It was a suturing technique used only on Zone II flexor tendon injuries. It had an extremely narrow field of application and was only useful for one-fifth of the human hand. Even though the technique was extremely difficult, the results it produced were outstanding.

As the Emergency Department's training strategy was more towards producing all-rounded doctors, Chief Physician Zhao Leyi had never even come into contact with the M-Tang technique. He had only heard about it.

At this moment, when Ling Ran said that he could not stop because he was halfway through the surgery, Zhao Leyi found that he could not say anything to object to his statement.

What should he have said? Should he have forcibly ordered Ling Ran to stop?

Zhao Leyi looked around. The operating theater was not a lawless land. While chief surgeons possessed supreme power in the operating theater, they also had to be responsible for their choices.

He could forcibly order Ling Ran to stop, but then what would happen next?

What if the patient filed a lawsuit in the future because he could not recover hand function after receiving surgery at the Emergency Department?

At that time, even though Ling Ran would definitely get into trouble, Zhao Leyi would not be able to avoid disciplinary action as well.

He could not help but grumble internally, 'Interns have no sense of priority.'

After thinking for a while, Zhao Leyi finally decided to look for doctors from the Hand Surgery Department and ask the experts to save the day.

The operating theater was extremely quiet.

Even though everyone's minds were raging with gossip, they were a lot quieter on the surface.

"Skin retractor... surgical magnifying glasses... Forceps."

Ling Ran put on the surgical magnifying glasses again and continued to call for each surgical instrument in a precise and unconventional manner.

Zhao Leyi could not restrain himself anymore. He turned and said, "Ask Department Director Huo to come to the operating theater."

He had to first ask the expert of their own department to come. This was considered the fundamental law of saving the day, or the fundamental law of the workplace.

At the same time, the doctor from the General Surgery Department, who was watching the surgery in excitement, took two steps back and stepped on the lock screen at the bottom right corner of the door. He slipped out before the airtight access door was completely opened.