Chapter 21 - Suture 'Production Line'

The mission continued.

Ling Ran hid the newly acquired Energy Serum in the third layer of his lunch box before returning to the treatment room.

By then, Doctor Zhou had completed debriding another patient. He looked up and saw Ling Ran return. With a smile on his face, he immediately stepped aside and said, “Well now, I finished your chores—the stitching is all yours now.”

Once he finished speaking, Doctor Zhou quickly comforted the patient. “Ling Ran is the young expert stitcher of our Emergency Department. He’s better at it than I am. You can take it easy now. Just lean back and enjoy it.”

Patients no longer felt pain after local anaesthesia was administered. But then again, the sight of a long needle with a curved tip burying itself in your skin would still cause anybody to flinch. “Can I enjoy something else?”

As his eyes ran over Ling Ran’s youthful face, the patient who appeared to be nearing his middle-age seemed a little disgruntled. He said, “Young man, are you sure you’re up to the task?”

Ling Ran could not care less about the patient’s attitude. He replied honestly, “I can perform appositional suturing technique and interrupted vertical mattress suturing technique well.”

The techniques he had mastered were Master Level Appositional Suturing Technique and Specialist Level Interrupted Vertical Mattress Suturing Technique. By the words ‘Master Level’ alone, Ling Ran assumed that the skill he acquired was most probably something extremely high-end. His interrupted vertical mattress suturing technique may only be Specialist Level and was one tier lower than Master Level, but it should still be better than most doctors in Yun Hua Hospital.

The patient did not understand what he said. Ignorantly, he asked, “They all sound like two fancy names for stitching, what’s the difference?”

Ling Ran was actually rather willing to answer questions if the patients were curious about their own conditions. So, he thought hard for a few seconds and formulated an answer for the layman. “If you come in with a cleaver embedded in your head, we will use the appositional suturing technique. If your balls have been slit open by a blade, we will use the interrupted vertical mattress suturing technique.”

“Balls?” The middle-aged patient squeezed his legs together and looked at Doctor Zhou for comfort.

Doctor Zhou seemed to have thought of something, and he smiled mysteriously.

“Come to the Emergency Department a few more times, and you’ll understand that anything can happen here.”

“Why would I come to the Emergency Department again if I’m alright… You… just get on with it already.” The patient suddenly seemed to be afflicted with a severe case of blue balls and was more than eager to leave as soon as possible.

Ling Ran was as quick as ever.

Missions must always be treated like newborn children.

Experienced gamers knew all too well how shameless game developers would deliberately set limits and caps to missions and the rewards to the missions to control the players’ progression speed, thereby allowing them to maintain the so-called balance in the game.

That was why every mission was a blessing that must not be taken for granted. One must not even hesitate when an event presented itself to them, or else they would only end up regretting a missed opportunity.

Ling Ran had no idea if such limits existed in his current situation, but he had a feeling that he should not waste the chance he was given on this day.