Chapter 16 - The Motorcycle Lady

Yang Hu was a little hesitant as he stood in front of the door to Lower Groove Clinic.

The front door of the clinic was mottled and old, giving off a sense that it had been around for some time. It went very well with the style of the entire alley and was also similar to the style style of the Yang Family’s knife-cut noodles restaurant. However, even though he rarely went to his father’s knife-cut noodles shop when he was younger, Yang Hu knew how fast news traveled in neighborhoods like this.

Should he apologize in a well-behaved manner, or should he hide like a coward?

Yang Hu may have been pushing the wheelchair, but he was also going around in circles, showing how indecisive he was. Yang Zhongshu had no choice but to remind him, “Son, I feel a little dizzy.”

Yang Hu immediately stopped and scratched his head in embarrassment. His hairline had receded a little. It felt smooth and pleasant to the touch, but unsightly to the eyes.

Yang Hu’s thoughts inevitably wandered. ‘One disadvantage of being a white-collar worker is that it’s very taxing on the hair quality. I don’t know what the doctors in the hospital are doing, too. After I went through the trouble of registering for a consultation, they dismiss me only after a few sentences, leaving me with no choice but to go to the small clinics. And the small clinics only want to earn money, they don’t have any quality…

‘Or more accurately, apart from this small clinic, other small clinics, especially those that claim to cure hair loss, don’t really have standards…’

Yang Hu raised his head and looked at Lower Groove Clinic’s signboard again. He knew that by coming here, he had actually made his decision.

Yang Hu lowered his head and mocked himself internally, ‘I’ve worked for so many years and have been insulted by clients countless times. Are there still things that I’m ashamed of?’

He then changed his mind. ‘Come to think of it, between doctors and patients, patients are the clients. Why am I, the patient, coming to this clinic to apologize?’

Nevertheless, even though Yang Hu had a myriad of thoughts running through his mind, he still extended his hand and knocked on the mottled front door several times.

He still had to apologize, and return the wheelchair he had petulantly pushed away that day. There was also the medical fee that he had yet to pay. Otherwise, the better his father was at making his knife-cut noodles, the more Yang Hu’s name would be sullied in the neighborhood.

More importantly, they would also have to visit the clinic and ask them for help when it came to the rehabilitation and follow-up examinations.

“Ling Ran’s in Lower Groove Clinic, right?” a crisp voice asked from behind the father-son duo. It was accompanied by the sound of a motorcycle exhaust pipe that was emitting smoke.

Yang Hu and his father turned in unison to see a black Honda motorcycle parked a few feet away. A young woman with long hair and long fair legs sat up straight before she lifted her chin slightly.

“Yes.”

“Why are you looking for Ling Ran?”

The father-son duo answered at the same time. Yang Zhongshu was more cautious and he responded with a question, but his son had answered too hastily.

The motorcycle lady smiled and hopped off her bike by swinging one leg over it. She went forward obstinately and gave the clinic’s front door a few loud knocks.

Yang Hu could not help but feel rather regretful. The young woman before his eyes was youthful and pretty, but he had acted in a cowardly manner.

*Thud, thud, thud.*