Chapter 18 - I'm Free

It was Monday.

The Emergency Department in the morning gave off a sense of order.

There were no fights or accidents happening around this area, so there were no busy ambulances coming to the hospital.

Ling Ran did not receive a new mission after he made four stitches on a motorcyclist who injured his head. Hence, he asked Nurse Wang Jia to help him familiarize and differentiate the facilities and machinery in the department one by one.

At that moment, the usually irritable Nurse Wang Jia was very gentle while she taught him, and she almost nearly guided him step-by-step while holding his hand.

It was fortunate that the other interns did not witness the moment, or else they would have been flying up in the air with jealousy.

The facilities and machines in the hospital were complex and expensive. It was impossible for an average intern to even operate them, let alone differentiate them. If they wanted to differentiate them, then they would need to depend on whether the teacher that day was in a good mood, whether he or she was feeling generous, and whether that teacher was free.

How hard was it to achieve such conditions? Most of the junior doctors could only get their hands on the normal facilities in their second year when they began their standardized training. As for the advanced facilities, some might not even get to use them in their lifetime.

After one round of explanation, Nurse Wang Jia was parched and Ling Ran’s understanding of the Emergency Department had grown.

“Have a drink.” Ling Ran bought a bottle of cola from the vending machine and gave it to Wang Jia as a token of appreciation.

But Nurse Wang Jia humbly declined, saying, “You can have it…”

Ling Ran was stunned for a moment and said, “I usually drink water. I can tell that all of you really like buying drinks, though.”

“You know I like drinking cola?” Wang Jia held the cold bottle of cola in her hands, she could not bring herself to drink it.

Ling Ran laughed and went on talking with her for a while before he returned to the waiting room.

All the small belongings that the interns brought with them were allowed to be placed in the waiting room. At first glance upon entry, other than cups and food containers, the next largest number of things that could be seen strewn all over the place were power cables and textbooks.

There were some interns playing with their phones, and some were studying. Everyone was preoccupied with their own activity. They would only lift up their heads in alertness like a troop of mongooses in white robes when the doors opened.

Ling Ran smiled at the crowd and went to a corner to open his bag. There was a vial of green liquid the length of a thumb tucked within a foam package.

Upon careful inspection, it looked like an extremely small bottle of drink. It was only 1.7 ounces, and it glowed a faint green color. There was no change in the liquid whether he shook it or placed it under the light.

Even the shell of the container was hard. Ling Ran tried striking it before, and it felt like metal.

Ling Ran did not touch the Energy Serum, he did not know whether it was a common or rare item. There was a need for him to observe more before he could tell.

He took out a notebook and he jotted down all the important points he had heard just now. He was very particular with this sort of thing.

To prepare beforehand was his success formula in doing everything. For this reason, Ling Ran first performed a mental health check on himself the first day he received the system.