Chapter 17 - The Magic Hand That Restores Health

Lu Jinling held a sharp knife, explaining as she moved quickly to cut up the salmon, “An eighteen pound salmon is already considered quite large for a domestically produced fish. The salmon I have with me today just arrived this morning. Take a look at the eye, it’s still clear and transparent.”

Since they did not work in this field, Ling Ran and the others could not say anything regarding her technique when she cut fish, but her posture still seemed pretty graceful and professional to them.

Everyone only shifted their gazes a little when red slices of salmon were placed on white porcelain plates.

“Give it a try?” Lu Jinling placed three slices of salmon on a plate and took the initiative to pass it to Ling Ran. With so little food on a large plate, it look like French or Japanese cuisine. It gave off a very luxurious vibe.

Ling Ran was a straightforward person who did not disguise his thoughts or needs with frivolous mannerisms. He picked up the pair of chopsticks, took a slice of the salmon, and stuffed it straight into his mouth without dipping it into any of the sauces.

The somewhat cold salmon first felt a little sweet, then surprisingly smooth in his throat.

Foreigners seemed to place a lot of importance on the smoothness of raw food which they liked very much, and this was the case especially for salmon and oysters. They placed so much importance on it that they behaved like the Chinese with their emphasis for food that ‘melted on the tongue’.

“Is it nice?” Lu Jinling was all smiles. If her flashy eyeshadow was overlooked, she could be said to look like ‘the girl next door’.

If Ling Ran said he was taste-testing, then he literally meant he was taste-testing. He had already closed his eyes in satisfaction. He said, “It’s fresher than the one we buy ourselves, and a little sweet.”

His mother, Tao Ping had always been a trendy, middle-class woman. She had even prepared sushi and sashimi herself before. Ling Ran was neither repulsed by it nor passionate about it. The level of his liking for salmon was around his level of his liking for braised mutton, slightly less than his liking for braised beef, and slightly more than his liking for braised fish. It was at a level where he was willing to eat it when he saw it, but would not miss it when he did not get to have it.

Meanwhile, Lu Jinling said with pride, “All the salmon in Yun Hua is monopolized by our family. If you go and buy it yourself, you will find that the imported fish in the market wouldn’t be as fresh as ours, and the domestic ones would be the leftovers from after we selected ours.”

As Lu Jinling spoke, she continued maneuvering the chef’s knife, which was the length of half an arm. She then put three more slices of salmon on a plate and gave it to Tao Ping. “You try it, too.”

“Thank you very much.” Tao Ping glanced at Ling Ran with a smile and helped herself to a slice.

“Is the taste good?” Lu Jinling asked again.

“It’s quite nice.” Tao Ping nodded slightly.

“Then, why don’t you make me your daughter-in-law?” Lu Jinling’s expression was unperturbed while she held the chef’s knife.

Tao Ping almost spat out the salmon in her mouth while Ling Ran lifted his gaze.

He had heard that people of the underground were daring in their expressions of hatred and love. But he did not expect an actual woman of the underground to be so ‘frank’.

‘This sort of person might not be able to pass the “Davos Assessment of Cognitive Biases Scale”.’ Ling Ran, who scored 0.55 points lower than the upper limit, did not regard Lu Jinling favorably.