Chapter 29 - Barehanded Bleeding Control

The resuscitation room did not run a general practice. When faced with critically-ill patients who had complicated conditions and serious trauma, their duty was to stabilize the patient’s vital signs, and then transfer them to specialized departments for treatment.

If the bleeding could not be stopped no matter what, the patient could not be considered stabilized. Moreover, bleeding meant more than just that, it also signified serious trauma.

“What have you used?” Huo Congjun stood still, neither anxious nor irritated. All sorts of strange diseases could always be seen in the Emergency Department. Being anxious and irritated would not solve the problem.

Under his influence, Zhao Leyi the attending physician also calmed down. He said, “Intramuscular injection of reptilase, iced saline, and norepinephrine. We expedited the application for erythrocytes and plasma of the same blood group, and also gave multiple ethamsylate injections. The patient has been administered a total of 47 ounces of fluids.”

As Huo Congjun listened to him, he shined a torch on the patient’s pupils and said firmly, “Prepare for emergency surgery. Perform exploratory laparotomy and increase fluid replacement.”

“Are we performing exploratory laparotomy now?” Zhao Leyi was a little hesitant. Right now, they still could not confirm that the bleeding source was inside the stomach. If they got it wrong, the patient would be dealt an extra blow.

“Save the patient first before treating him!” Huo Conjun said through gritted teeth.

“The patient is going into shock!” a nurse yelled loudly.

Many patients suffered from circulatory collapse in the resuscitation room, but it was usually not good news for a patient to go into shock during an emergency treatment.

Ling Ran still kept his eyes on the patient. But at this moment, he turned to leave and began to wash his hands in the isolated area.

“Excuse me.” A plain and ugly resident doctor who was once in the same group as Ling Ran elbowed Ling Ran aside and started washing his hands under the faucet beside Ling Ran.

Ling Ran shifted a little to the side and continued washing his hands meticulously.

When he saw that Ling Ran was washing his hands so seriously, the resident doctor kindly reminded Ling Ran, “During busy times in the resuscitation room, you’ll have to come into contact with countless patients in a day. You can usually just wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and let it air-dry. Or else, if you wash your hands too often, your skin will peel off.”

“I’m preparing for surgery,” Ling Ran answered and started rubbing his hands together. He did that non-stop, causing heat to be produced.

He had not only sutured almost a hundred patients during his few days in the treatment room, he had also familiarized himself with the way the hospital worked.

The resident doctor looked around in astonishment. “What surgery?”

All the doctors in a hospital’s departments were divided into groups. Each treatment group was led by a chief physician or an associate chief physician, and was responsible for one or more patients.

It was also like that during an emergency treatment. All doctors who came into contact with a patient were usually from the same treatment group.

The medical interns were not divided too strictly, but since Ling Ran was following Department Director Huo today, if he wanted to perform surgery, he would naturally be part of Huo Congjun’s treatment group.

The plain, ugly resident doctor saw that Huo Congjun was busy with that critically-ill patient. He could not refrain from pursing his lips and thought. ‘It’s already considered impressive for an intern to be able to run errands during this kind of emergency operation. How would he get to perform surgery?’

GDLR - Great Doctor Ling RanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara