Chapter 33 - The Recklessness of the Young

“Doctor Ling, thank you.” The several young people surrounded Ling Ran as they thanked him one after another.

The expression on Ling Ran’s face did not change. He asked, “Where did you see the video?”

“Patient Group, City Forum. It’s all over my friend circle as well. It was even forwarded in Weibo.” The thin and tall young man was trying to butter Ling Ran up with some immature techniques as he said, “Doctor Ling, you’re handsome and your medical skills are good. You’re standard material for internet celebrity status. Everyone’s sharing it. It wouldn’t be logical if you’re not famous, unlike us…”

“You guys don’t seem like internet celebrities either.” Ling Ran could never be able to accept such a crude way of flattery. He only thought of ending the conversation as soon as he could.

So, the conversation was killed off, as expected.

The tall, skinny young man coughed and awkwardly said, “Our appearances are indeed a little disappointing to the audience. Oh, I forgot to mention this. We’re all from the Summit of Clouds Club.”

He waited for a moment. When he saw that Ling Ran did not respond to the name at all, he was little disappointed. He then said, “The Summit of Clouds Club is an eSport club that was founded by our team in Yun Hua City. Our coach used to be a civil servant of the sports committee. If it weren’t for him pushing hard for this idea to come to fruition, our club wouldn’t have formed in the first place.”

“That’s right. Coach has given a lot for the club.”

“He had to drink with government servants every single day. We thought he would die of drinking…”

“Hey, cut the nonsense.” The tall, skinny young man felt a little embarrassed and stopped the others before he said, “Our club is focusing mainly on dominating King of Glory this year. My name is Dong Zhizhuan. Do you play mobile games, Doctor Ling?”

Ling Ran could not help but take a quick glance at the few of them. Then he said, “I’ve played King of Pesticide[1] back in school.”

“Haha! That’s great! We can add each other as friends and bring your rank up when we’re all free.” Dong Zhizhuan seemed to have cheered up again and said with a chuckle, “While we may not be able to bring you up to king rank, it’ll be easy as pie for us to bring you up to diamond rank.”

“I’m free now.” Ling Ran did not hold back as he took out his phone.

Indeed, he was free. It was about time for him to get off work.

Dong Zhizhuan probably seldom met people who were as straightforward as Ling Ran. He was stunned for a moment before he quickly added Ling Ran on WeChat. He smiled and said, “I forgot to ask, how do you rank in this game, Doctor Ling?”

Ling Ran lifted his head slightly and said, “Bronze Level 3.”

Dong Zhizhuan’s expression suddenly froze a little.

As a professional eSports player who practiced more than twelve hours a day, Dong Zhizhuan acknowledged that he was capable of killing all amateur players in an instant.

However, if he was supposed to talk in terms of partying with these amateurs, then as the lowest ranked players in the entire ranking system of the game, the Bronze Level 3 players constantly played a miraculous role in dragging the entire party down.

“Doctor Ling, you must seldom play games, right?”

“Definitely.”

“It shouldn’t be possible to be Bronze Level 3 even if you’re a casual player.”