Chapter 22

Becca's POV

        How do I tell them this has happened before?

        How do I tell people I barely know that this is the reason why I'm halfway across the world away from all my close friends and family?

        That this is why I moved to a place where I only really knew one person and that's it?

        How do I tell them that I've been through this countless times before?

        How do I tell them when he did it so many times to me while we were a couple that it's so ingrained in me to tell them a lie because it would be easier on me. That he would be easier on me?

        How do I tell them that I'm too scared to talk about it in full without falling into so many pieces that I'm not sure I could pull myself back together?

        The last time this happened I was with all my friends and my brother. How am I meant to cope with only the girls? They make me feel safe but the guys made me feel like he wouldn't get near me as he knows they would have beat his ass. But this time they were all here and he still got to me. It's going to be even harder to feel safe again especially since they are going to have to go back home in like a week or so.

        How will I cope then, I'll be all on my own?

        I'm not sure I can do this again, not this time. Last time it was so hard to get back on my feet. It was so hard to get up out of bed last time, I'm not sure if I can do it again, not this time.

I thought I was safe here, halfway across the world without him knowing where I was, at least I thought he didn't. I thought I could start again, from scratch. Act as if nothing bad happened. I thought I could put it all behind me and move on with my life. How could I be so wrong? All I wanted was to get my life together. Have a second chance at being happy. I even thought I was close, I guess I was wrong.

        I actually thought that this time I could actually have a life without having to constantly look over my shoulder to make sure he wasn't there behind me, to make sure I was safe and that he wasn't there, right behind me watching my every move waiting to pounce on me like I was a piece of meat.

        All I wanted was to be able to move on with my life like everyone else seems to get a chance to do. I mean why do I have to be so different?

        why can't I be like them?

        All I wanted this time was to be happy, even if I was alone, I just wanted happiness and a little bit of safety, I mean that's not much to ask for right?

        Why can't I escape him?

        Why can't he just leave me the hell alone and move on with his life like a normal person would?

Third Person POV

        As all of this went on inside Becca's head she fell back into a deep sleep. Nurses rushed in and rushed Shayne and Damien out. Her heart rate was racing and her breathing was low. They both had a look of panic on their faces. The nurses, on the other hand, didn't seem phased by the event. They acted as if it happened every day, which for them it did. They dealt with this on a daily basis and knew what to do when and how. 

        Let's just hope the universe wasn't taking Becca away to a safer place.