Chapter 74

A/N I've had this in my drafts for ages but never finished it. I started a new job as a kitchen assistant, so I'm on my feet 8 hours a day, five days a week, and sat on a bus two hours a day to and from work. That doesn't include the time it takes me to talk to and from the bus. So I have very little time to write these days. I do have more money, though, so... :P

Hopefully, you like the chapter, and it's not disappointing. You can also thank @elianarayaguzman9, as their comments reminded me of the unfinished chapter, and here we are. Massive hugs Bea

Becca's POV

Bea: Is something up with Shayne?

Damien: What do you mean?

Bea: I feel like he's avoiding me.

Damien: Really, huh...

Bea: So helpful, Dame, so helpful...

I sighed, throwing my head back. I don't get why he's acting like this. Since our argument/fight, he's been hiding something from me, and I hate it. It's putting me on edge, and feels like he's a million miles away. I look down at my phone and sigh again before taking the plunge and texting Shayne about it.

Bea: Hey Shayne, is everything... GOD NO

Hi, Shayne. Are we okay?

Babe is everything okay with us, I feel like you're keeping something from me, and it's really worrying me.

I deleted each text after I finished them, not happy with how they sounded and feeling like they came off as clingy. I groaned and came close to throwing my phone before finally going with my first idea.

Bea: Hey babe, is everything okay? You seem a little distant.

As soon as I hit send, I regretted it. I shoved my phone into the couch cushions and hid my face in my hands. Hating the sinking feeling in my gut about what could be going on, and my mind was going to the worst possible options. Shaking my head, I get up and grab a can of Coke from the fridge and sigh. I could really do with a cuppa, but being unable to walk without crutches means that's out the window. Thankful that the small bag I found has made it so I can get a drink and take it back to the couch on my own with some ease.

I sit back down, looking at my stupid foot before I take the can out of the little bag and place it on the coffee table, not wanting to open it just yet in case it's too shaken up. I sigh, looking at my phone. I want to see if he's responded, but at the same time, I don't. What if the worst things running through my head are true? God, I'm not ready for that.

I shake my head and close my eyes, trying to relax and not overthink what's happening. Surely there is a good reason for what is going on, and I have nothing to worry about because Shayne will tell me soon. I don't need to worry because we sorted things out, and I have nothing to worry about. I groan and rest my head on the back of the sofa.