Too Late Pt. 2 | NamYoonJin

Alot of you really wanted a part 2, so here it is! I made it super long and added some good plot at the end; please ignore any spelling errors, I proofread several times and if I missed some there's no helping it :)

By the way, I wrote this in a week's time which is quite impressive for how long it is, so please let me know if it was satisfactory.

Requested by: I-dunno-why

Contains: alpha!namjoon, alpha!yoongi, beta!seokjin, fluff, rough, angst, breeding, sorta powerbottom!namjoon, jealous/possessive!seokjin

______________________

Seokjin was bouncing his leg as he listened to the professor's lecture, taking notes and following along closely. He was hoping to graduate early, or at least get the best marks he could. He was in the midst of scribbling down notes in the margins of his paper when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Well, at least he had silenced it. He nervously licked his lips as he slipped his phone out of his pocket, checking the caller ID quickly. Getting caught on his phone during a lecture was not something he needed to deal with right now.

The caller ID was the one he had least expected; his parents. Why were they calling? They knew he was at school right now. What could be so urgent they needed to call when he was busy? Shaking his head, Seokjin cancelled the call and slipped his phone back into his pocket. No less than a minute later and it was ringing again. He rolled his eyes and cancelled the call. There was no way he was leaving this lecture early.

Luckily, after calling six times, his parents gave up. He let out a breath of relief and relaxed in his seat, now able to drown himself in the professor's lecture. It was all very straightforward and easy to understand, not at all complicated like so many people had tried to tell him. When he put his mind to something, there was nothing that could stop him. By the time the lecture ended, Seokjin's hand was aching from the amount of notes he had taken. It was worth the study material though.

He was the first to leave the room, feet moving quickly as he slung his bag over one shoulders. He headed outside so that he wouldn't be in the way of students in the hallway. Spotting an open bench, Seokjin sat down and pulled out his phone. He'd call his parents back now and see what had been so urgent that they needed to call six times. He was a busy adult, but they still seemed a little too attached to him. He wasn't a pup anymore.

They picked up after the second ring and Seokjin could easily picture his mother waiting beside her phone, awaiting his call. "Jin! Sorry for calling during your lecture, baby. I forgot what time it was. Forgive your mother like a sweet boy, hm?"

"It's fine, mom. Why are you calling? I need to meet my study group in half an hour and I can't talk long," said Seokjin, checking the watch on his wrist just to be sure. He and a few of his college buddies had study sessions three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It was currently Wednesday and the library let them bring drinks and snacks in on Wednesday, so he definitely didn't want to miss this opportunity.

"Oh, do you have to go? You might want to skip this time!" Her voice was overly cheery and Seokjin could easily picture the beaming smile on her face. His mother was always cheerful, but today she was even more so. Before he could object, she continued, "I have a surprise! One that you really shouldn't keep waiting. Why don't you come back home now? I already have cookies and milk ready, so there's snacks too."

Seokjin sighed and crossed his legs, eyes scanning the campus as he leaned back in the bench. The grass was bright green and flowers were beginning to bud along the sidewalks, the trees starting to show signs of leaves. It was still mid spring so the air was chilled and Seokjin wore a light jacket to keep himself warm. "Mom, I'm sure it can wait. And I have my own snacks anyway. How about this? I'll cut my study session in half and leave early. The bus ride is an hour so I can be there in two hours or so. Does that work?"