Since The Beginning | NamKookJin

Nobody asked for this and it's really a big mess, but enjoy I suppose :)

Contains: dom!namjoon, soft!switch!jungkook, fluff, angst, army ptsd, poly relationship

___________________

Seokjin rolled over and wrapped his arm around the man's torso that laid beside him, nosing at his neck and breathing in his familiar scent of pine and firewood. He snuggled closer, feeling content but as if something was missing. The feeling passed just a moment later, though, when an arm fell across his side and lips pressed against the nape of his neck. Seokjin smiled and let out a small sigh, happy surrounded in the warmth and love of his two lovers as he fell back asleep.

Terror gripped at his lungs as he jolted awake, sweat gathering at his forehead and heart beating so fast he feared it wouldn't be able to keep up with his pulse. Seokjin sat up in bed, fists gripping the blanket that covered his lower half as he looked around the room in front of him in a deathly panic. They were there, weren't they? Somewhere, hiding from his sight but ready to pounce when the moment was right. Seokjin couldn't help the whimper of fear that passed his trembling lips, his whole body shaking as tears cascaded over his cheeks and dripped off his cheeks.

The man to his left stirred, but Seokjin didn't notice, frozen in his own fear as he stared at the bedroom door across the room from him, waiting for it to open inevitably. A hand touched the crease of his elbow, gripping gently but firmly. Seokjin didn't register the touch.

"Jin? What's wrong?" A voice gruff from sleep reached his ears and Seokjin quickly raised his hand, pressing his index finger to his lips and shaking his head. "Jin, are they here again?" Seokjin quickly nodded, carefully moving his hand back to his lap and swallowing thickly, not daring to look away from the door. "Jungkook, wake up," he whispered, the still sleeping man to his right stirring. "It's Jin."

An arm snaked around his waist, a warm palm settling on his bare hip. A chin settled on his shoulders, soft lips kissing just beneath his ear. "Hyung, do you want me to go check? I'll make sure they leave." Seokjin nodded, heart still thudding in his chest as he chewed on his bottom lip. "Alright, hyung, I'll be back soon."

Jungkook removed the covers from his body, getting up and reaching for his sweat pants that had been laid over the back of his desk chair. He slipped them on real quick before grabbing the gun he kept in his bedside drawer. Living in Seoul, apartments were prone to break ins and they wanted to be able to defend themselves from intruders. It also helped during times like these.

Gripping the gun securely in his hand, Jungkook gave Seokjin a reassuring smile before approaching the bedroom door, doing it slowly as to not make Seokjin panic. Jungkook slowly twisted the knob before pulling the door open, stepping out and shutting the door behind him quietly. Seokjin let out a small whimper, feeling safer with Jungkook out there checking for who he knew was there, but he scooted closer to Namjoon who sat beside him, curling his hand into the thin loose fabric of the tank top he wore.

"What if he d-doesn't come back this time?" Seokjin whispered shakily, concerned for Jungkook's safety and his own. After everything he'd been through, one of his worst fears was losing the people he loved the most. Jungkook was always so brave and he'd hate to see him go.

"Don't worry, Jin, he's coming back. Of course he is. Jungkook loves you so much, remember? He'd never leave you, or us. We'll always be together," Namjoon murmured, soothing Seokjin but he'd never be completely calm until Jungkook came back. Until then, anxiety still swam in his stomach.

After a few very tense minutes that felt like hours to Seokjin, their bedroom door opened slowly. Seokjin let out a whimper of fear, pressing closer into Namjoon's chest. He didn't know who was behind the door just yet, and he hated not knowing. A man stepped out from behind the door and Seokjin had never felt so relieved.