Bonus Scene - 4

Hospital

Manik was lying on the hospital bed and sipping his juice when Raj and Nandu barged in.

Manik: Hello people.

They sigh seeing him smile. They were in a late evening meeting when they got a call about Manik having severe stomach pain. The butlers admit him to the hospital.

Raj: How can you make yourself sick just in an hour?

Manik: I was sick since morning. You both were too busy to notice.

The doctor comes in.

Doc: Mr. Malhotra, don't worry. It's just a mild case of food poisoning. I have given the medicines. He should be fine by tomorrow. We are keeping him for tonight just for an emergency.

Raj: Sure, doctor.

After he leaves,

Raj: Yeh din bhar junk food khate rehte ho, toh aise hi hoga. Aaj se no junk for you.

Nandu: Papa, is pizza junk?

Raj: Pizza tops the list in the junk.

Manik: No. Pizza is just a salad put in a microwave.

Raj: Shut up. Hume pata hai how tensed we were after the call.

Manik: I didn't even go unconscious.

Raj: I don't care. Nandu beta, chale?

Nandu: Yes, dad.

Manik: What? Mujhe aise chod kar kaise jaoge? Mere saath koi rukhega nahi kya raat ko?

Raj: Not when you are careless. This is your punishment.

Manik: Arey, but...

He leaves, followed by Nandu. Manik looked at them in disbelief, crossed his arms across his chest in anger and pouts.

Outside

Nandu: Papa, are you sure you can handle the work alone? You can send me the files with someone. Main idhar kar lungi.

Raj: Nandu, handling your prince charming is itself a huge work. Aur kya kaam karegi tu. I won't overstrain myself. Agar kuch reh gaya toh kal karlenge dono.

Nandu: Fine.

Raj: I will send you a pair of changes. Take care.

She nods. Raj leaves after pecking her head.

Inside the room

Manik was still huffing, clearly upset when Nandu enters the room. She chuckles, walks towards him and places a kiss on his forehead. He glares at her.

Nandu: Oops. I am scared.

Manik: Ab kyu aayi ho? Chod deti na mujhe?

Nandu: Do you want me to leave?

Manik: How can you even think of leaving your one and only boyfriend on the hospital bed? Such a cruel girlfriend. I was feeling so alone. Socha tum jab aaogi toh you will stay with me. Give company with me. Make me feel better. But you. You toh don't even care about me.

Nandu: Food poison tumhare stomach mein hua hai ya brain mein.

Manik: I am upset. I am hurt. You don't even love me.

Nandu chuckles and goes towards him. She cups his face and makes him look towards her.

Nandu: How can I not love my cute adorable baby?

Manik: I am not a baby.

Nandu: Remember, you said you are my baby. Just mine?

Manik: Don't leave me.

Nandu: Arey, how can I leave my one and only boyfriend in the hospital bed?

He hugs her stomach as she ruffles his hair.

Manik: I love you. I thought tum mujhe datogi. Tumne apna meeting cancel kar diya na. I told them not to call you.

Nandu: No meeting is important than you, Manik.

Manik: Tum mujhe pizza nahi khane dogi kya aur?

She settles beside him on a chair and takes his hand in hers.

Nandu: You love pizza right. How can I stop you from eating it? Lekin jab tum theek ho jaoge then. Abhi khaoge then you will fall sick again and hospital mein jyada din rehna padega.

Manik: Tum rahogi na mere saath.

Nandu: Of course, I will. Lekin I also want you to get well soon. I want my Manik to smile, shout and do all crazy things. Tumhe pata hai, tumhare bina ghar kitna suna suna lagta hai. You are the soul of our house.

Manik: Lekin soul toh tum ho.

Nandu: Nahi baba. Tum ho.

Manik: Lekin main ghar se kab gaya?

Nandu: When you went to university. I never know what was missing but when you came back, I realized you are the soul of our house. And without you, it's just a building of bricks and stones. Isliye tum jaldi se discharge ho jao. Phir hum ghar chalenge.

Manik: Did you really miss me?

Nandu: I don't know. Maybe I did but didn't realize.

Manik: I missed you a lot. I used to imagine scenarios about you and me.

Nandu: Really?

Manik: Yeah. About how I will propose to you or how you will accept me or reject me. Our marriage. Maybe how I will convince dad. Our first kiss. Lekin sab tumne hi kardiya.

Nandu: Unexpected things are beautiful. I never planned any of these but it just happened. And I am not regretting it. Acha do you have anything that you want me to fulfill it? Any wish?

Manik: Bas ek hi hai. Abhi ke liye. I am tired. Sleep with me, please.

Nandu: Manik, you are sick. We can't sleep together. Isliye there is a visitor's bed right. To give the patient rest.

Manik: I am not injured. It just a stomachache. And it's not severe now. Please.

She nods and lays beside him. Manik puts his head in the crook of her neck and snuggles into her. Nandu kisses his head and starts ruffling his head.

Nandu: Is my Aarav missing mom?

Manik: I don't have to when you are beside me. Whenever I fall sick, mom bhi aise hi karti ti. She used to take me in her arms and used to ruffle my hair. Aur tum bhi. I don't know why and how you do this even when I haven't mentioned to you about this.

Nandu: Maybe, as you said, Nyo mom ne hi mujhe bheja hai tumhare liye?

Manik: My mom is the best. You are the best.

Nandu: And my Aaru is the bestest of all. Ab so jao. You are tired, haina.