37. He is Back

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Evening, Malhotra Industries

Nandu's cabin

Manik comes in her cabin as it's almost time for them to leave but finds her working.

Manik: Nandu

Nandu(casually): I have lots of work, Manik. Main abhi ghar nahi ja rahi. Tum nikal jao.

Manik(hesitantly): Nandu, can I go out for a night out?

Nandu(disbelievingly): What? Are you seriously asking me this, Manik? Idiot, just inform me. You don't need to take permission to go out.

Manik(rants): Nahi. I am just not comfortable going there leaving you alone at home. Dad bhi nahi hai and Mukti will be with us. Navya is out of station so is Abhimanyu. Cabir is stubborn to change the plan and...

Nandu(assured): Manik. Manik, relax. I am fine. Anyway, I won't be able to spend time with any one of them. I have work to do.

Manik(softly): Tum ghar ja kar karlo na. I will drop you home. Last time bhi door jam ho gaya tha and you had to spend your night here.

Nandu: Nahi. I might need to use the storeroom for some references. I can't shift it to home, right? Acha, I promise you, I will message you after reaching home and if any problem, I will call you.

Manik(raising an eyebrow): Also an hourly update about your whereabouts and safety.

Nandu(chuckled): Haan baba. Now go and enjoy.

Manik: just a minute.

He goes out and gets her a hot brewing coffee.

Manik: This will help you with the workload.

Nandu(grinned): Thanks a lot. You are my savior.

He pecks her forehead and mutters an "I love you" before leaving.

11 pm, Malhotra Industries

Nandu doesn't realize the time and also misses Manik's messages. When she checks her mobile, she finds a few messages, all from Manik and decides to call him.

Nandu: Hey.

Manik(sighed): Are you fine? You weren't responding to my messages. I was about to come back.

Nandu: No need, Manik. Sorry, I didn't realize the time. I am fine and leaving for home. Ghar ja kar, I will message you. Fine?

Manik: Okay. Drive safely.

Call Ends

Manik was usually the carefree guy. His this behavior surprises her. She packs her stuff and leaves after locking her cabin. Just minutes away to her home, she finds someone on the road with his bike aside. It looked like an accident. As no one was around, she goes out to help the person but gets frightened seeing Harshad there. To her dismay, he smirks and wipes off the color on his face.

Harshad: Good to see you again, baby.

She turns to leave when he grabs her and pins her to her car.

Harshad(mocks): What will you do now, Nandini? Aww..poor baby, where is your lover boy to save you now?

Nandu(gritting her teeth): Harshad, leave me.

Harshad: Ohh...I am scared. Do you think I don't have any idea about your pretty love story behind those cabin doors, baby? How dare you to give him what's mine?