13. Regained Friendship

Hello Fam :)

Hope you like this chapter. 

Happy Reading...

Manik(in a trance): Why are you talking like my Nandu?

He unknowingly questioned her. As soon as the words escaped his mouth, he knew she will shut him out again and answering his fears, she stood up.

Nandu stood up making Manik too stand, out of reflex. He was ready to be yelled at by her but instead found her smiling at him.

Nandu: You really want to see that old Nandu of yours, haina?

Manik hesitated to say 'yes' but before that, she held out her hand.

Nandu(holding her hand out): Mere saath chaloge?

Manik(confused): Where?

Nandu: Just come with me.

After taking a step forward, she stopped and called someone.

Nandu: Uncle. We are going out. We might be late. Is that okay with you? Anyway, there isn't much work....Thanks a lot. You are the best.

She looked at a confused Manik before asking him to follow her. He silently followed her. She sat in her car and started driving as Manik settled beside her with a confused look on his face.

Nandu(chuckles): Stop stressing your brain. While we reach there, you can call Cabir and arrange the meeting. I hope my mail is logged-in on your mobile.

Manik nods and calls Cabir and puts it on speaker after Nandu insists him.

Manik(in a professional tone): Mr. Dhawan. Can we meet tomorrow for some initial designs?

Cabir(snapped): Tu aur teri madam ne jeena mushkil kar diya hai. Ab tak project finalize nahi hua, aur tum abhi se kaam kar rahe ho. Nahi aa raha main. Bol dena apni madam ko.

Nandu(smirked): It's ok Mr. Dhawan. We will contact your father.

Cabir(panicked): No need, Miss. Murthy. I will be there by 11. Your favorite time.

They cut the call and burst out laughing.

Nandu(nodding her head in disbelief): he can never be serious.

Manik smiles. Soon they reach a forest. Manik after getting down looks around.

Manik(frowned): Tum mujhe jungle mein chod dogi.

Nandu(glares): shut up and follow me.

Manik(yells): hum kho jayenge, Nandu.

She doesn't listen to him and starts walking. He followed her not having another choice. After a while, they were in front of a beautiful lake surrounded by greenery.

Manik(excited): this is so beautiful, Nandu.

He was looking like a child with a twinkle in his eyes. Nandu chuckled at his expressions and pulled him down making him sit beside her.

Nandu: This is one of my favorite places. Whenever I need peace or get away from life, I come here.

Manik(surprised): Matlab you used to sneak out of our house?

Nandu nodded. They sat silently for sometime before Nandu said something, surprising Manik.

Nandu: Sorry, Manik.

Manik(confused): what? Why?

Nandu(looking at a distance): I am your culprit, right? I have snatched your best friend away from you.